Recognizing USBG flash drive?

Guest JRinPDX

Guest JRinPDX

Hi, (new to forum, have had the Wizard 48 hrs. but have been reading tons)

I'd like to use a card reader to move pics from my camera to the Wizard. Will a USB female to female connection do the trick? (I tried using a hub... didn't work). The key is portability, not having a PC or laptop around.

To go a step further, is it possible to get this to recognize a u3 flash drive, and run the apps?

Any pointers would be appreciated,

-JRinPDX

• 1 month later...
Guest ang.broadhurst
Hi, (new to forum, have had the Wizard 48 hrs. but have been reading tons)

I'd like to use a card reader to move pics from my camera to the Wizard. Will a USB female to female connection do the trick? (I tried using a hub... didn't work). The key is portability, not having a PC or laptop around.

To go a step further, is it possible to get this to recognize a u3 flash drive, and run the apps?

Any pointers would be appreciated,

-JRinPDX

Hi,ive been trying to do basically the same but after reading through most of the forums i have been informed that it does not have usb host capability.Sadly a mini sd to usb host is not currently available,although a compact flash to usb is.If you do find a way please repost,as i am trying to get mine to read my 2.5" H.drive.Thanx

Guest the_beast

You can solve both these problems at once with a change of enclosure for your 2.5 HDD. Get an Asus WL-HDD enclosure, which is a mini NAS with Wi-Fi (about

• 4 months later...
Guest hotphil

may not suit your needs, but I use a miniSD USB memory stick from mobymemory that cost a fiver. suits me down to the ground although tbh I get lazy and with unlimited data I just mail the files to myself!

Guest hotphil

may not suit your needs, but I use a miniSD USB memory stick from mobymemory that cost a fiver. suits me down to the ground although tbh I get lazy and with unlimited data I just mail the files to myself!