Phone Pad over keen to suggest added words (T9)

Guest robbmasters

Guest robbmasters

I use the Phone Pad a lot for one handed texting. So I appreciate that when I type a word in "abc" mode it automatically adds that word to its T9 dictionary. However, it's then a bit too keen to suggest these words as soon as I start to type a new word.

For example, if I go into "abc" mode to type "modaco" into a text, it learns that word. So I don't need to go into "abc" mode to type it next time, I can stay in T9 mode as it now knows how to spell it. So far so good. However, now as soon as I start to type any word that begins with "m", "n" or "o" it immediately suggests "modaco".

Any way to have it learn these words, allow you to type them from T9 mode, but not keep suggesting them so soon?

Thanks.

Edited by robbmasters

Guest robbmasters

Thanks. But I've already tried that, and it doesn't seem to make any difference. When it was set to suggest words after seven letters it still suggested after just one, and now that it's turned off completely it's stilll suggesting. (Did I make it clear that it only ever suggest words that have been added to its dictionary?)

Or am I missing something?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Ah i see, not seen that before. I'm not sure what you can do tbh. T9 on Smartphone is now pretty good, it seems that MS may have let it slip on PPC though...

Sorry i cant be of any more help!

Guest robbmasters

No, but if it does the job I'd be prepared to pay for it.

Will download the trial. Thanks. 8)

Edited by robbmasters

• 3 weeks later...
Guest robbmasters

Well, it's a nice bit of software, but it has a few annoying bugs and a few annoying habits, and I prefer ABCDE to QWERTY when using my thumb. So it's not really a step forward for me.

Any other recommendations?