HELP: Volume-UP button in imate SP3i (or C500)

Guest zee_shah

Guest zee_shah

I just recently bought a pre-owned imate SP3i, also called C500 and SMT 5600 (I think). The volume-UP button is not working. I have no way to turn the volume UP if I accidently hit the volume-DOWN button. It's really annoying as everytime it mutes, I have to hard reset the phone. Is there no other way?? I found a file on the forum "volumerestore.cab" but I can't seem to download it, and I don't know if it's the solution. Help please!!

Guest fluffcat1
I just recently bought a pre-owned imate SP3i, also called C500 and SMT 5600 (I think). The volume-UP button is not working. I have no way to turn the volume UP if I accidently hit the volume-DOWN button. It's really annoying as everytime it mutes, I have to hard reset the phone. Is there no other way?? I found a file on the forum "volumerestore.cab" but I can't seem to download it, and I don't know if it's the solution. Help please!!

Anything physically stopping the button being pushed? Does it feel the same as the down button? You may need a new microswitch.

Richard

P.s although the same circuitboard is used, the sp3i is not the same as a c500, the sp3 is the c500 / 'typhoon' clone, the sp3i has a different shape keypad and casing, and is known as 'feeler', a typhoon varient.