dead mda

Guest gavinlilley

Guest gavinlilley

last night my vario ran out of battery, this morning it had powered itsefl down. i pressed the power button and it booted up but its battery was low and it switched itself off again.

i have tried to charge it with the ac adapter and usb cable but it will not turn on.

i have tried hard/soft resets but this also will not work.

the device is only 1 week old and this is the first problem i have had so i dont think it is a broken unit.

is there anything else i can try to do to power up again?

can any one help please?

Guest ultimate_fish

There's a thread about this further down the board.

The batteries fail if they're allowed to go completely flat so there's protection circuitry to stop this from happening. Chances are that if you leave it alone with the mains charger connected the battery will recover enough to allow charge through.

It's been reported that you do need to use the mains charger though as it can provide 2 amps of current vs USB which is specced at 500ma

Guest spurensucher

since I had the same problem here the link to the mentioned thread

http://www.modaco.com/Warning_Battery_Charging-t233233.html

there should also be a thread from me, where I described how I solved the problem. Basically, I recharged the battery in the phone with the original power adapter. Defenitly let the battery rest some time and then start charging without starting the phone first!

Good luck,

Michael

Guest gavinlilley

thanks guys.

i didnt find anything when i did a search but after posting the topic the forum suggested the other threads.

it seesm that I mixed my charger up with my wifes razr charger and the mda charger got it working right away.