How long does yours take to boot

Guest mrfil13

Guest mrfil13

Hi, i got a T-mobile vario last week, it has the 1.6 rom still. Im sure when i bought it mine took about 50 seconds too boot. Now it takes 2 mins. The only software that really is on it is PocketAlarm, CoPilot and NYX password storage. I did have wizbar etc but tried uninstalling but it made no difference. I have installed wolfclock and a few other apps then removed them. Is this 2 mins normal?

cheers

Guest Laser_iCE

There was a 7 second delay from when I pressed the side soft-reset button and from when the HTC logo come up...

Including the delay, it took 1 minute and 12 seconds, so obviously, subtract the 7 seconds, and you get 1 minute and 5 seconds... I have a lot of stuff installed, and this is also using the latest i-mate ROM on my K-JAM ;)

Guest mrfil13
There was a 7 second delay from when I pressed the side soft-reset button and from when the HTC logo come up...

Including the delay, it took 1 minute and 12 seconds, so obviously, subtract the 7 seconds, and you get 1 minute and 5 seconds... I have a lot of stuff installed, and this is also using the latest i-mate ROM on my K-JAM ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm i wonder what mine is playing about at then. Is there anyway of backing up my sms messages as i might try a hard reset. i was gonna wait till the new T-mobile ROM was out, but that sounds like it wont be out for a few months.

Guest Madeye

Just checked my O2 Mini S, it took 1 minute 10 secs to get to my password screen, then another 10 seconds to load the homescreen.

I do have lots of stuff installed tho, about 15 - 20 applications, 10 ish games etc... with a few homescreen plugins such as iLauncher.

Thw worst part for me is the delay when coming out of 'standby' it takes about 8 - 10 seconds which is annoying when someone asks you the time n u stand there for ages staring at your phone, I'm sure they think I can't tell the time! ;)

Guest mrfil13
Just checked my O2 Mini S,  it took 1 minute 10 secs to get to my password screen, then another 10 seconds to load the homescreen.

I do have lots of stuff installed tho, about 15 - 20 applications, 10 ish games etc... with a few homescreen plugins such as iLauncher.

Thw worst part for me is the delay when coming out of 'standby' it takes about 8 - 10 seconds which is annoying when someone asks you the time n u stand there for ages staring at your phone,  I'm sure they think I can't tell the time!  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm i wonder what mine is playing at, i took out all the shortcuts to all the windows\startup items, that made no difference. My suspend takes no time to come out of, something i should be greatfull for. i might just do a hard reset seen as i managed to whipe all my sms messages today anyway :-) i was hoping for a new rom to come out soon to give me an excuse.

Today i tested and my battery only dropped 1% when in suspend with flight mode on over 7 hours :-) where i work there is no reseption so my bettery drains real quick with flight mode off.