Best From For c550

Guest nevawlkalone

Guest nevawlkalone

Im after getting a new phone,(well i have been for aaaages but never mind) and, since i am, i want to try flashing my c550....just to se if i can do it....

My reasoning....i dont see the point in just seeling it as i doubt ill get much, no point it lying around doing nothing *IF* it works, i am rather curious as to what happens etc....

If i brick it then it no biggy as i will have a new phone so yeah...

I was wondering....which ROM do i flash on to it....AND...if there are more than one then which one is the best?

Cheer

Guest sporkguy

I'm not sure about the WM5 rom for the C500 as its a completely different phone - the screens are different resolutions for starters... wouldn't recommend it!!

Guest fluffcat1
true true, actually how about the WM5 Hurricane lookalike from O2 have they released a rom for that?

It's not a hurricane-esq, it has a different CPU and board layout.

*It will screw your bootloader and you *will* have a brick*

There was a topic recently where a polish guy tried an sp5m rom on his hurricane and killed it. After you do kill it the only flash option is the jtag service points, although you can use many different softwares to flash jtag you need an interface to the testpoints and a rom to flash to it to recover. With other phones you usually get a PCB to fit over yout phone PCB with pins sticking out and an RJ45 connector - you clamp this to the board and use your app to flash the rom. I can't find any jtag data for HTC devices.

There is the vapourware i-mate sp4m which I've never seen mentioned on i-mate's site, or I believe one of the MDA's may also be a clone?

Maybe consider buying a jafwm? They have a library of firmware and their app strips the need to mess with the CID of the rom - I don't know what roms they have but I'll ask. Cost is about

Guest fluffcat1
So in theory its a wated cause 'coz this just wont work?

Yep, many people who have done it accidently now wish they hadn't....you may get a t-mob mda rom to run on it though?

Richard

Guest nevawlkalone
Yep, many people who have done it accidently now wish they hadn't....you may get a t-mob mda rom to run on it though?

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Be reet, if i cock it up ill send it you for fixing....n it'll ,magically come back as a Vario...lol ;) :P ;)

Guest fluffcat1
Be reet, if i cock it up ill send it you for fixing....n it'll ,magically come back as a Vario...lolĀ  ;)Ā  ;)Ā  ;)

Can't do jtag flashes and the Qtek 9100 is 'on loan' elsewhere so no vario for you today, sorry... ;)

If you *really* want to kill your phone then as long as you don't open it you can send it back to HTC with a keypad fault and it'll come back re-flashed and fixed :P ( Not that I ever do that you understand ;) ) or you can have a faulty hurricane board to fit inside your phone to experiment on for a nominal fee...

But Typhoons are *much* more fun to mess with as there are *so many* roms to play with out there! Dopod, Audiovox, Qtek, Imate, Krome, Orange, Telefonica to name but 7...I'll swop you a typhoon if you like?

Richard

Guest nevawlkalone
Can't do jtag flashes and the Qtek 9100 is 'on loan' elsewhere so no vario for you today, sorry...
Edited by nevawlkalone

Guest nevawlkalone
Fine. Nick one from work and kll your c550. See if I care....

But *my* typhoons say 'dopod' or 'Krome' or 'Audiovox' or i-mate' on their really cool silver/ blue / gunmetal casings - you'll just have a plain stinky orange one in black...

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol...ooo toochy coo coo lol

What sort of price where you thinking of donating it at? lol

But Typhoons are *much* more fun to mess with as there are *so many* roms to play with out there! Dopod, Audiovox, Qtek, Imate, Krome, Orange, Telefonica to name but 7...I'll swop you a typhoon if you like?

If the typhoon is easier to do then i wont be flashing my 550 i only suggested that because that is the only phone i have...just wana ave a go at it....see what the crack is...etc

Edited by nevawlkalone

Guest fluffcat1
lol...ooo toochy coo coo lol

What sort of price where you thinking of donating it at? lol

Check the ebay auctions next time I list one ;)

If the typhoon is easier to do then i wont be flashing my 550 i only suggested that because that is the only phone i have...just wana ave a go at it....see what the crack is...etc

I wouldn't say it's 'easier' just that there is more scope to change to a different working rom as there are so many. Feeling left out as the big boys take about 'flashing phones' are we? Bless....

Richard

Guest nevawlkalone
Check the ebay auctions next time I list oneĀ  ;)

Fair enough

I wouldn't say it's 'easier' just that there is more scope to change to a different working rom as there are so many. Feeling left out as the big boys take about 'flashing phones' are we? Bless....

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ooo thats cold...lol.....nah ive taken them apart...fixed a few wana av a do at the software...

Guest fluffcat1
Fair enough

ooo thats cold...lol.....nah ive taken them apart...fixed a few wana av a do at the software...

Have you taken apart your c550? Don't want it now then!....

The c500's usually go for around

Guest nevawlkalone
Have you taken apart your c550? Don't want it now then!....

Nope...a couple of originals n an mpx 200

The c500's usually go for around