M5000, TomTom 5, Bluetooth GPS & Bluetooth Headset

Guest Fingers

Guest Fingers

Hi,

Bought an M5000 off Ebay as I thought it would be the one stop shop to replace all my devices.

Surprisingly, transferring TomTom 5 from Dell Axim to this device went quite easy and TomTom allowed the device code change without a hitch. (I had previously emailed them with the url for the completed auction.)

As you can imagine, It was a little trickier configuring the GPS, but with help from here it now works.

I also purchased a Plantronics 510 Bluetooth Headset. This can pair with 2 devices at the same time, which is important as my "work" sim card is in my C550.

Problems:

Bluetooth Headset performance whilst in TomTom is inconsistent. Sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't. When it does, the GPS seems to disconnect until about 5 seconds after the call ends.

Generally throughout the day, TomTom (or the M5000) slows down. Keyboard presses can take 3 or 4 seconds to register on the screen. I've installed TomTom on the SD card including the Postcodes (found a fix on here), and memory seems to be running around 17Mb - Storage and 20Mb Program.

Any ideas what's causing all this? Would a Hard Reset help? Any news of a Bluetooth ROM update?

Cheers

Peter

SPV, E100, E200, C500, M500, C550, M5000