i300 Not Finding HDD

Guest ljcharie

Guest ljcharie

I have had my i300 for 8 weeks.

Have had a few of the usual niggles - Battery life, crashing blah blah.....

But this time I've really had it.

The phone says it Can't find the HDD. It has wiped everything off the HDD, and says it is not there. I can't seem to find it either thru my PC or on the phone itself. I have spoken to 02 who will fix it but they take over a week - and samsung take 10 days. I could also get a replacement handset - but it would be reconditioned- meaning I would only have a 3month warranty.

Any one had this issue? Know how to fix it? I've tried doing the hard resets, and it is still not there when you try to access it. The camera cannot access it and asks me to use extra storage. Right before the problem I had the 'disk drive full' issue that I hear so much about.

Any ideas welcomed!

Thanks.

Guest fluffcat1
I have had my i300 for 8 weeks.

The phone says it Can't find the HDD. It has wiped everything off the HDD, and says it is not there. I can't seem to find it either thru my PC or on the phone itself. I have spoken to 02 who will fix it but they take over a week - and samsung take 10 days. I could also get a replacement handset - but it would be reconditioned- meaning I would only have a 3month warranty.

Hello,

I don't think they can substitue an item with 10 months remaining warranty for one with 3 - the replacement item must at least have the balence of warranty, and usually the 3 months is the *minimum* they give you i.e if your handset is replaced with 1 month remaining the replacement then has 3 months - apple work this way and unless they re-invoice you for the replacement it has the balence of the remaining warranty.

I doubt this problem can be 'fixed' - sounds like it needs a new microdrive so you'll probably get a replacement handset anyway. I'd get samsung to swop/repair it personally - o2's service centre probably hasn't had one of these apart yet. And you might get the newer model from samsung ;)

I've dropped my i300 and no worries with the harddisk on mine so far :?:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There,

I surprised that thre is some one with the same problem as mine, i had my HDD perfect and almost full as well not only with MP3's also i had a movie in it as well and it was perfect, but now it seems that i have the same problem and i have tried lots of diffrent thinks including a antivirus with scan all the phone folders including the HDD but nothing i am waiting to hear from samsung by tomorrow hopefully and see what they can do......

cheers, ;)

Guest ljcharie

I spoke to 02 and they definately will only give me a 3 month warranty on the handset - which I think stinks! I have taken up a formal complaint with 02 and they are following it up as I am furious at how awful they have been.

If I send it to Samsung does it cost me anything??

• 11 months later...
Guest aakash_007

OMG my phone was running well till now i too get this "can't find any disks in format tool " there is no hardisk on PC too. even flashed a new ROM version still same problem , somebody please help me get my HD back on phone as my warranty has expired.

i300 is the worst phone ever i have seen with no WM5/speaker phone/ no avi recording and many other hardisk issues.

• 2 years later...
Guest mehrX7

Hi every body!!!

I have the same problem too. my phone drop from my hand and suddenly increase the temprature of the phone!!!! al last I turn off & on again. but this time my HDD not found!

now, my bluetooth and infrared is inactive. i can send a file from microSD but i can't receive any thing.