I-Mate SP3i with nokia batteries

Guest v01ded

Guest v01ded

Hi pple,

Recently I have found that I'm able to use normal nokai batteries (BL-4C and BL-6C) with my I-Mate SP3I. Everything worked fine. Just that I cannot charge the battery in my Imate.. :?: It'll give a charge error. Well I can always use my nokia phone to charge it. You may need to stuff something in the right of the battery compartment to prevent the batteries from moving around as the nokia batteries are slight smaller in size.

Wondered if anyone else is doing the same here... Just wanna share incase no one knows... It should also work for the new Imate-SP5 as they are using the same battery factor(I think...). Will be very useful if we gonna turn on wifi all day... ENjoy and cheers! ;)

Guest fluffcat1

I wouldn't - the reason it may not be charging is some of the contacts of the four on the battery may be the wrong way around. You may be inadvertantly shorting the cell when trying to charge it in the wrong phone causing all manner of problems and in the worst case scenerio a buildup of gas inside the cell and potentially an explosion! Bear in mind when you sync the phone you are also charging the battery.

If you feel happy doing this to your phone go ahead, but DO NOT recommend it to others - it's madness!

Typhoon batteries may not be as plentiful or as cheap as nokia batteries but spend a little extra and don't risk damaging your phone.

Richard