C500 phone charging Problem

Guest Wombleuk

Guest Wombleuk

Hi,

just went away for a long weekend.

As I used satnav before getting to my destination, I had to charge it up over the weekend.

I plugged it in and the charging light came on, then turned to green 30 seconds later.

I tried resetting the phone (soft), leaving the battery out for a few hours - no good.

maybe the battery was duff, so I bought a new one with the same result.

Ok, maybe the voltage difference is upsetting it ( I was in Paris at the time), so I tried it again when I got home - the same.

My mate at work has just brought his charger in for me to try and it still does the same.

I haven't read anything like this anywhere, but it looks like the phone is not working properly, although, it charges from my PC with no problem whatsoever!

Any ideas anyone ?

thx

Graham

Guest ee61re

When plugging it into the wall, you may want to leave it connected for a couple of hours, even if it does go green quickly. Not sure why it may help, but its all I can think of right now! :-)

Guest Wombleuk
When plugging it into the wall, you may want to leave it connected for a couple of hours, even if it does go green quickly.  Not sure why it may help, but its all I can think of right now! :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, it's been connected now for about half an hour and the led's turned red !!

Still, I'll leave it connected for a while and see what happens.

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY

Mine won't even charge with the USB. Just shows red light when plugged into the mains. Please let me know if you find a fix.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zahid
Hi,

just went away for a long weekend.

As I used satnav before getting to my destination, I had to charge it up over the weekend.

I plugged it in and the charging light came on, then turned to green 30 seconds later.

My C500 is doing the same. Starts charging momentarily if I wiggle the connector into the phone. This charges for a couple of seconds. Looks like I need to get in touch with HTC.

Guest Wombleuk
My C500 is doing the same. Starts charging momentarily if I wiggle the connector into the phone. This charges for a couple of seconds. Looks like I need to get in touch with HTC.

I had a close look at the mini usb socket on the phone and a couple of the prongs seemed to be out of alignment (too high).

So, I used a fine needle and bent them down again to ensure good contact and it now works ok.

But whot on Earth pushed them up........

Guest Zahid
I had a close look at the mini usb socket on the phone and a couple of the prongs seemed to be out of alignment (too high).

So, I used a fine needle and bent them down again to ensure good contact and it now works ok.

But whot on Earth pushed them up........

I had the same idea too, before the post above but now it seems I've made it worse ;)

Just my luck.

I have to push the connector to one side quite hard to get it to charge. I'm gonna end up breaking it I think.

Guest Wombleuk
I had the same idea too, before the post above but now it seems I've made it worse ;)

Just my luck.

I have to push the connector to one side quite hard to get it to charge. I'm gonna end up breaking it I think.

If your'e handy, you could always get a new connector from fluffcat on these forums.

Good luck

Guest Zahid
If your'e handy, you could always get a new connector from fluffcat on these forums.

Good luck

I'm relatively handy, but not very neat with my soldering!

I presume the connector is soldered onto the board?

Guest Wombleuk
I'm relatively handy, but not very neat with my soldering!

I presume the connector is soldered onto the board?

Guess so, but getting out of my depth now ;)