Problem with Double Text Messages

Guest Colin79

Guest Colin79

Can anyone help me? At the moment when sending text messages with my MDA Vario occasionally I send the same text message twice. This is quite a inconvinence as I am eating into my free text messages considerable. Has anyone had this problem also and does anyone know how to solve it?

Guest Darkmarster

ive got this problem 2 it seems to happen if you close the keypad b4 you get the text sent message from the phone ;) id like to sort it though :P

Guest Colin79

Mmmm. Never thought it was that. At one point I thought it was because I close the message program before the message sent confirmation or I extended typing over 160 characters and reduced back down. It will be good to know the exact cause if we can't find out how to sort it permanently.

I've had somewhat the same problem. I send a text and all goes well. but the next time I go to my inbox (or hotmail box) I suddenly get the message sent box pop in to my screen. and it turns out it re-sends the last text message. very frustrating.

Pigo

Guest iainmann
I had this problem also,

When I stopped using Magic Button the double texting stopped

Never had double texting prob, but I think Magic Button has a lot to answer for. I was using it and my Wizard kept freezing. Got rid of it...and, hey, no more freezing when I'm trying to close a few progs quickly one after the other.

Guest Laser_iCE

I'm just curious, do you know for a fact it is double sending the text? I'm not jumping to conclusions, I'm trying to figure out whether or not it really is happening... I need to know if this is the reason why my phone bill is so effing high now, or is it just all the GPRS that I use now ;)

Guest duuncan
I'm just curious, do you know for a fact it is double sending the text? I'm not jumping to conclusions, I'm trying to figure out whether or not it really is happening... I need to know if this is the reason why my phone bill is so effing high now, or is it just all the GPRS that I use now ;)

Definately was doubling texts for me

Edited by duuncan

Guest Colin79

I definitely was sending double texts. All my friends kept telling me it was happening and also double delivery notifications. Like everyone else it wasn't every text message I sent but just every now and again. I haven't sent one for a while but now I need to

1. keep the vario keyboard open till it says it has been sent.

2. don't shut down the messaging program till after the delivery notification.

3. Don't go over 160 letters when typing if I plan to only send 1 text. Reducing a text down back to under 160 might not be registering

I do have wisbar advance installed which I used to close apps. Maybe that could be the problem. Does everyone that have the problem has similar applications that close programs?