Deleting Hotmail Account

Guest soopahfly

Guest soopahfly

I've just updated to the latest O2 rom that came out yesterday, and its added a Hotmail account to my messaging section. Every time I press the messaging button it defaults to the Hotmail address.

Can I delete this? I don't use Hotmail for email and its a hassle changing it each time I want to send a message.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest plainsteve

I searched the web for a while and it seems a lot of people are annoyed at the fact that MSN automatically creates a Hotmail account when you first use it. So:

First go to your messaging accounts and make sure you are at the inbox of your text messages (not in the Hotmail or Outlook accounts) then exit the messaging program. It is important to make sure you exit not just minimize. (tmail.ext)

Using a registry editing program (I recomend http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/)

brows to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc

Remove the entire key

Hotmail

This works for the Outlook account too. Simply remove the key

Active Sync

Exit the registry editor, turn the device off for 15 sec (to allow the registry to save) then soft-reset.

The first time I did this I could not open my messaging program after a reset. I believe it was because I had the Outlook account selected when I closed it.

Happy hacking!

---------------Steve

Edited by plainsteve