speed tweaks

Guest novakry

Guest novakry

hi, i've heard a lot of mention of speed tweaks for the HTC prophet. so i was wondering if someone could list all the good ones which will help speed up my prophet. and links to a guide to show you how to apply the tweak. bit of n00b question then again i've only used a pda for a week now >;)

chrs

~novakry

• 1 month later...
Guest userone
hi, i've heard a lot of mention of speed tweaks for the HTC prophet. so i was wondering if someone could list all the good ones which will help speed up my prophet. and links to a guide to show you how to apply the tweak. bit of n00b question then again i've only used a pda for a week now >;)

chrs

~novakry

Try these, works for me:

[HKLM\System\StorageManager\FATFS] CacheSize = 4096 EnableCache = 1 [HKLM\System\StorageManager\Filters\fsreplxfilt] ReplStoreCacheSize = 4096

* Soft reset for changes to take effect.

Remember, always backup first :P.

Guest jimbouk

Best one by far is simply to turn off the sounds and notifications for events. This saves the device having to open and run a wav file for almost everything you do!

Have a look at the speedtweaks for the kjam on imateforum.com (they work on the prophet) or look at the ones on the xda developers wiki site - although some AKU2 roms have most of them already enabled.

Guest wayf

hi. im a xphone2 user. yeah its a smartphone so im not sure if the software tht helps me great deal can actually enhance ur speed or ur gadget. i use speedboost for my sp, it is tremendously minimise lag in btw clicks, even my SE k750i friend was impressed with it. i told hiim, i installed SpeedBoost with pride, he was @@. if u can use it on ur ppc or whtever, u may try it. it is defnitly a must hv s/w for every sp , or ur device?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Giano

Try these, works for me:

[HKLM\System\StorageManager\FATFS] CacheSize = 4096 EnableCache = 1 [HKLM\System\StorageManager\Filters\fsreplxfilt] ReplStoreCacheSize = 4096

* Soft reset for changes to take effect.

Remember, always backup first .

====================================================================

Thanks USERONE ! It works!

• 5 months later...

Has anyone got a JAMin that they've had overclocked for a long period without experiencing any problems?

I'm tempted to do it on mine, but it's still new and I don't want to burn it out ir anything :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest majorjam

i find 'battery status' software great for overclocking + it has overclock speed on screen + battery % + its free, just overclock modestly otherwise you'l get reboots (also omap850 cpu is really not that slow remember intel and samsung cpu 4 instructions per clock cycle omap 8 per clock cycle!) :)