8310 software install problems

Guest joeb

Hi all,

I recently bought a Qtek 8310. This is my first smartphone so I'm not that much into yet. I want to install these trial apps but NONE of them seems to work though the developers claims that Qtek 8310 IS compatible. The problems are as follows:

Wisbar: It does install and it seems to be running as a process but nothing happens! Has anyone successfully installed Wisbar on a 8310?

Sprite backup and SPB Backup: I've tried to install both applications but I get the incompatible error message on the mobile when it starts installing even though they should be compatible.

What can be wrong? I've ensured that my mobile is 100% application unlocked.

Guest Disco Stu

Your 8310 is a Smartphone but you are trying to install Pocket PC software. These are 2 separate platforms based on Windows Mobile.

There is a way to run some PPC software on Smartphones but I doubt Wisbar or any Spb product would work. There is a version of Sprite for Smartphones but I'm not sure if it has been updated for WM05 yet.

I guess I got carried away. I thought that when they wrote: "Compatible for WM2005 devices" and further down "Compatible for PPC2002 devices" they actually meant ANY WM2005 device and then versions for PPC. I guess I was wrong.