Microsoft Direct Push Email

Guest robcoh

Guest robcoh

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, broke my last SPV C600, had it replaced today, and whilst putting it back to its usual setup i noticed the communications manager had changed, and there is a new item called "Microsoft Direct Push" i assume that it is connected to Push E-mail, but it will not allow me to select it. Any ideas as this could mean the end of me carrying a blackberry, many thanks

Rob

Guest jimbouk
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, broke my last SPV C600, had it replaced today, and whilst putting it back to its usual setup i noticed the communications manager had changed, and there is a new item called "Microsoft Direct Push" i assume that it is connected to Push E-mail, but it will not allow me to select it. Any ideas as this could mean the end of me carrying a blackberry, many thanks

Rob

Your new device has the MSFP rom. As a result it can "do" push email but you need an 2003 SP2 exchange server email account. If you don't have one via work, then you can get one from a hosted exchange server provider. It costs a few pounds a month but it gives you "push" emails on that account.

Have a look here and click on their exchange server sponsor for details of a free 14 day trial.

Edited by jimbouk