Square Bracket

Guest Confucious

Guest Confucious

Since the mobile version of this board only gives you yhe fast reply I can't add any HTML tags as I can't enter a square bracket.

Is there a way to do this from the Universals keyboard (I have a UK O2 Exec) - if so, how?

Ta muchly.

Guest Johnny C

No simple way from the keypad, if you bring up the soft keypad in say Word by clicking the keyboard symbol in the centre bottom of the screen, then press the number input button [123] at top left, it's the key to the right when the symbols/numbers pop up

Guest jas_pik
Since the mobile version of this board only gives you yhe fast reply I can't add any HTML tags as I can't enter a square bracket.

Is there a way to do this from the Universals keyboard (I have a UK O2 Exec) - if so, how?

Ta muchly.

It is possible on hardware keyboard in easy way - please edit SYM.txt file on your universal and add to preffered key, next softreset and voila. ;)

Guest Confucious

Just had a look at sym.txt and it's already in there - but how do you access these symbols from the keyboard?

At least I now know how to access [ from the soft keyboard -Thanks!

Guest toon9

Ta muchly.

Confucious - I had a similar query regarding the Vario.

Now, I hasten to add I have no experience of the Universal - but maybe, just maybe, the answer to the problem might be similar.

Try this thread >>> HERE <<<

Sincere aplogies if it sends you up a blind alley.

Guest Confucious

Don't appologise for trying to help!

The keyboard is different on the Universal but I've just looked at it again and notced a key marked "SYM" which I'd never actually noticed before (observant aren't I).

I've just discovered that when you press it after typing a letter or symbol it scrolls through the options so to get a [ I press FN 9 SYM

Thank you.

Guest Mr.Clark

On a similar yet probably infinately more complicated note, is it possible to rebind the Internet Explorer key to open Windows Media Player?