locked up at hellomoto scrn

Guest gmscarlett

Guest gmscarlett

Well, since I did the hard reset (and master clear) I was in the process of reloading the task mgr and the file mgr to the phone. While it was loading the software it was stuck looping the loading (spinning) image on the screen. I let it sit for a while and that was all it did. I unplugged the usb cable, turned off the phone and turned it back on, and all I get is the HelloMoto splash screen.

I bought my phone new from a company on eBay. They didn't send an invoice. Moto said that I need a receipt of purchase to show that it is a new phone including the IMEI. Have any of y'all had to send a phone to Moto? Did you need the receipt? I purchased it in Aug of .05 so it's still under the one year warranty....

Edited by gmscarlett

Guest gmscarlett
' date='Apr 17 2006, 12:07' post='732391']If you are stuck on the moto flower screen then try a hard reset again, it should fix your problem.

When I turn it on it won't let me do the hard reset (Blue action key + the power key). The power button will not repsond. The only way to get the phone off is to take out the battery. This really stinks.

Guest m1.carson

Hi,

awarner is right as always, [i creep well] but orange said "remove the sim card as well, they didn't say why, the other thing you could try is remove the SD card and try a hard reset.

Good luck.

Guest gmscarlett

OKAY!!!! I was looking at www.theunwired.net and found that with the phone off, pressing the Blue key with the power key will give the option for the hard reset. Awarner, is that what you meant by doing the hard reset?

Man, I'm so stoked that it's working again!

Guest awarner (MVP)

Yep that is how you do a hard reset ;)

There are plenty of guides here on hard resetting or you could have asked :P

did not realise you were trying a hard reset with the phone already on ;)

Glad to hear it's all ok now.

Guest m1.carson

Hi gmscarlett, the mail you sent had a duff address, sent a reply and it bounced, if you send it again I'll re-send the MMS software.