Downloading files in Pocket IE

Guest G35C

Is it possible to download files (i.e., zip, exe, pdf) in Pocket IE? I have the aku2 update and was hoping they

Edited by G35C

Guest thenext1
Anyone? Surely, I'm not the only one annoyed by this...

I'm completely annoyed with this issue, too.

But IE is our only choice, as Opera works so-so for WM5, and I can't seem to find any other browser.

PIE has got better with the AKU 2 update, but it still takes a lot to render pages, often freezing the phone for tens of seconds........

Guest Lobojpm

I went to download a Zip file in PIE and the prompt came up:

Download the 92.4 KB file

file.zip?

Then my softkey options were "yes" and "menu"

Under Menu, there was an option for "save as"

Seemed to work ok.

I'm actually using the T-mobile ROM that came on my SDA.

Guest thenext1
I went to download a Zip file in PIE and the prompt came up:

Download the 92.4 KB file

file.zip?

Then my softkey options were "yes" and "menu"

Under Menu, there was an option for "save as"

Seemed to work ok.

I'm actually using the T-mobile ROM that came on my SDA.

I'm using the sp5m, and for any other types than images and sounds, PIE says it cannot display its content. It does this for zip, exe and a couple most recurrent file types.

Guest kevinsephiroth
I'm using the sp5m, and for any other types than images and sounds, PIE says it cannot display its content. It does this for zip, exe and a couple most recurrent file types.

ha ha.

I have a C600 with last rom update of Imate SP5.... (2006/03/22)

i can , too, save files such as Zip ones in PIE.... as i could in my old C500.

Guest karim099

im having the same issue using the imate rom update. if i use the opera browser instead of PIE can i download? what about the download agent located in the start menu?i dont find a way to get use of it!

Guest hyedipin

Opera gives very few options with WM5 and not as good, I still would stick to PIE. You can try to use Opera Mini using Midlets, and that will also give you a few extra options, but T-Mobile rom on SDA (WM5) allows you to save any file if it is as link, mp3, wave, zip, etc.

I am looking for a third browser to try, after PIE, Opera..

Thanks.

Guest thenext1
im having the same issue using the imate rom update. if i use the opera browser instead of PIE can i download? what about the download agent located in the start menu?i dont find a way to get use of it!

no opera won't let you download anything under the smartphone. but it's a LOT faster than internet explorer! i hope they at least do a wm 2005 fully compliant version to solve some refresh bugs it has!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sleewok

So, PIE will allow you to download zip files directly, and probably a couple other file types. Now, is there a registry setting that will initiate the download sequence for other file types? Basically file association for a function (the save function) within PIE. I'm assuming that there must be some sort of registry setting?

Lee

Guest rradag

you can download any type of files in the IE, in Smart explorer you can choose file-open-manage file types, than choose type that you want download by IE and in it - edit file type and in this menu you can accept to download this file by IE

Guest Qtek8310
you can download any type of files in the IE, in Smart explorer you can choose file-open-manage file types, than choose type that you want download by IE and in it - edit file type and in this menu you can accept to download this file by IE

Although I didn't have problems with downloading with PIE, I checked everything and added some more extentions. Thnx / Спасибо!

Guest Milan Svec
So, PIE will allow you to download zip files directly, and probably a couple other file types. Now, is there a registry setting that will initiate the download sequence for other file types? Basically file association for a function (the save function) within PIE. I'm assuming that there must be some sort of registry setting?

Lee

In:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

create new DWORD value:

(Value Name:) EditFlags

(Value Data:) 65536

to each file extensions you wish. F.e. in:

exefile (for .exe)

pdffile (for .pdf)

zipfile (for .zip)

rarfile (for .rar)

jpgfile (for .jpg)

txtfile (for .txt)

and so on. Enjoy.

Thanks to swenak from ce4you.cz forum.

• 11 months later...
Guest J2ON

I've used Smart Explorer and tried. It didn't work. It tried to open the TSK file, and CAB file on the PIE instead of opening "Save As" dialog.

I've changed the Registry using Resco Regedit. And it still doesn't work.

I am trying to download the files from http://coredoor.com/mobile/ directly.

Please help me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks.

J2ON

Edited by J2ON

• 1 month later...