scanR - MoDaCo exclusive Beta offer!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest scanRsteve

We've had a couple of different people with UK Varios report issues. If you've got one that doesn't have an issue...this is new and exciting. I'm trying to get one here but it's not the easiest phone to source. We are still working on some of the general issues with the app and are hoping to have our next serious beta next week.

Steve

Guest wills
We've had a couple of different people with UK Varios report issues. If you've got one that doesn't have an issue...this is new and exciting. I'm trying to get one here but it's not the easiest phone to source. We are still working on some of the general issues with the app and are hoping to have our next serious beta next week.

Steve

cool - I keep checking back here for news of the next beta because as of yet I have been unable to use your app.

Is there a beta newsletter or something that we can sign up to so we know when to go and download the next beta?

cheers

Tim

Edited by wills

Guest scanRsteve

Okay folks! We've got news!

After what's been a far more drawn out (and honestly, unfinished) issue than we expected, we've released a version of the software for you guys to try and uses the camera's picture galley (with the ability to take images from there) to run the camera. This *should* eliminate a lot of the issues people have seen. However, there's a bit of a 'split decision' amongst the people here over the "hokey-ness' of this interface, so we're looking for feedback on it as well.

If your phone is what we believe *is* supported (which means that the phone has the WM5 camera API properly implemented), you should not see any difference. But if your camera didn't work, this should give you a way to use the application.

Keep in mind that you can always just take a picture and send it via MMS to [email protected] -- so when you are trying this out, consider that as the alternative when you think "is this too hard?"

Thanks again to everyone for the support and the feedback. It's been great and we are definitely going to run a better and spiffier promotion for the next major milestone when we have it ready!

Steve

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.