M600 - How Do I Edit The Registry ?

Guest macdat

Guest macdat

Got my M600 from Orange yesterday as a free upgrade and now comes the task of changing it to the way I want.

Have been trying to edit the registry with 'MobileRegistryEditor' and keep getting 'Access Is Denied'

Perhaps I need a different registry editor ?

I have installed 'Unlock_Ext_Rom_Wizard.cab' and 'Default_Cert_SPCS.cab' and can't notice any difference.

What am I missing ?

Does the Orange De-Cert webasite work for the M600 or is that just for Smartphones and not PPC's ?

Please help !!

Thanks

Guest Toonie

That's right, MobileRegistryEditor doesn't seem to work on these devices. I believe it's because it doesn't work with WM5. You could try PHM Reg Edit. Sadly the auther's homepage seems to be down right now. You can however, get a copy from here:

http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/phmregistryeditor.shtml

This will be a unsigned application, and you'll need to figure out how to unlock your Orange device first.

Usual warnings apply. You use this application at your own risk!

Regards,

Toonie.

Edited by Toonie

Guest jimbouk

I use MobileRegistryEditor - although on my Imate Jamin - and all you have to do to get round the Access is Denied issue is run enablerapi.bat (available from the mobileregistryeditor site). There's another unlocker on that site too. Not sure whether it will work with Orange's lock but worth a try.

Guest wardy
I use MobileRegistryEditor - although on my Imate Jamin - and all you have to do to get round the Access is Denied issue is run enablerapi.bat (available from the mobileregistryeditor site). There's another unlocker on that site too. Not sure whether it will work with Orange's lock but worth a try.

Orange are quit clever when it comes to Dev locks , Have you tried the Orange Developer site . They used to do Dev unlock over the air . For the life of me though i have lost the link . It was used with Smartphones and I believe they started PPC's too.

Guest iainmann
Orange are quit clever when it comes to Dev locks , Have you tried the Orange Developer site . They used to do Dev unlock over the air . For the life of me though i have lost the link . It was used with Smartphones and I believe they started PPC's too.

This is the only one I know of...might work!

Orange Developer

Guest Toonie
I loaded the PHM editor with no trouble so am I correct to assume that the 'Default_Cert_SPCS.cab' did work afterall ?

I would expect so, as I got the same 'Access Is Denied' error with MobileRegistryEditor, and I own an iMate JAMin, which shouldn't be locked anyway.

Regards,

Toonie.