Latest Rom Update?

Guest NappyBoy001

Guest NappyBoy001

ok when i go to the motorola site i click the download arrow...then it goes to the next screen explaining the rom and it says click to download but where?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kaamran
What issue are you having?

Try checking out the pinned topic:

http://www.modaco.com/Update-Tool-is-BACK-...43-t208561.html

no official route to wm2005 - I'm yet to see *any* wm2005 rom for the mpx220, but that doesn't mean it ain't possible... ;)

Richard

Hi there !

I have an unlocked MPX220 and want to update ROM from 1.28 to the latest.

What should I do as they say update is only for cingular...

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Guest kaamran
You need the offline updater and a rom from www.surrealnetworks.com. The site also has instructions.

Thanks.

I also found a topic in the forum for updating ROM.

http://www.modaco.com/lofiversion/index.php/t221918.html

Pleae guide me as which should I choose. And from the ROMs at surrealnetworks.com which one is more stable and tested.

And also please tell me where to get Offline Updater..

Thanks &

Regards,

PS: I have downloaded Offline Updater 1.85 and waiting for reply to continue downloading ROM.

Edited by kaamran

Guest genaldar

The most popular is asian 3.46. It's stable and has wmp 10, but needs heavy modding (default language is chinese). Not really hard to do, but takes a little while. The other popular one is generic 1.49 (north american) it doesn't need as much work but comes with wmp 9. They both have pretty good volume (some roms are quiet).

There are discussions on surrealnetworks about each different rom.

Guest kaamran
The most popular is asian 3.46. It's stable and has wmp 10, but needs heavy modding (default language is chinese). Not really hard to do, but takes a little while. The other popular one is generic 1.49 (north american) it doesn't need as much work but comes with wmp 9. They both have pretty good volume (some roms are quiet).

There are discussions on surrealnetworks about each different rom.

I originally had ROM 1.28. I wanted to upgrade it so I tried to upgrade it to 1.49 using ofline updater.

But it did not work. There were some technical problems as well as Rom version still showing 1.28.

Then I installed ROM 1.43 and it worked fine. Then I tried to install 1.49 over it but yet again faced problems because it showed Rom version 1.43 after upgrading . Now I installed 1.47 ROM on my phone and it installed fine.

I still want to install ROM 1.49. Anybody who has a clue of whats the problem with my phone.

The ROM 1.49 is the same as present in the surrealnetworks...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...