How to clear MPx200 device storage ?

Guest NSD

Hey guys.

Yet again, I need your help. I've spent the past hour googling this issue, but I cannot seem to find an answer. So I tried installing this dictionary-thesaurus app on my phone. About half way through the program's installer it tells me my phone has no more room left. It never asked me for a location to install it ;) ... so anyway, now my "Device Storage" is at 100% with 8.18MB. How in the world do I clear this ? I have absolutely no text messages, IE cache or anything. I've been trying to find the temp files with the file explorer, but the folder is empty.

Btw how do I do a hard reset ? All the guides say "hold blue key and power for a few seconds". But that just shuts off my phone. And if it's off, it asks me if I want to do a hard reset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Guest Disco Stu

I was just about to point you to these instructions - MoDaCo Article on Hard Reset - but you seem to have answered your own question. ;)

Most people have trouble with getting the option without actually booting the phone as the timing is tricky.

And if it's off, it asks me if I want to do a hard reset

Isn't this what you want to do ?

I am such a dumbass ! Sorry, I was posting at 3:30 am. What I meant instead of "hard reset" was "soft reset" ...

Later edit: Well never mind that, apparently a soft reset only power-cycles the phone. I manually went through each and every single folder and the remains of this dreaded dictionary were nowhere to be found.

Any ideas ? ;)

Edited by NSD

Guest awarner (MVP)

With a failed install use a file manager on the phone, go to IPSM/Windows/AppMgt/Install, and delete the contents.

Note this may not be visible using a pc to browse the phone.