C500 Unlock Tool

Guest jonboymobile

Guest pd.ryder

I beg to differ....

If you read the .pdf file the tutorial initially decerts (app unlock) the phone and then SIM-unlock's it too ;)

post-37012-1145875550_thumb.jpg

The area circled in red in the left hand side says "SIM LOCK TOOL" :P

Edited by pd.ryder

Guest pd.ryder
Not sure why this is in the HTC Hurricane (SPV C550) forum so...

...moved to Typhoon section. ;)

Fair enough, but would you mind bringing the posted image with it? Otherwise my post above makes no sense whatsoever. Thanks

Guest Disco Stu

Oh dear - that seems to be a bug with the thread-moving thing. I doubt that we will be able to find it now and I have no idea how it could have been lost.

Are you able to edit your post and re-attach the image ?

I'll inform our technical team ;)

EDIT : we cannot replicate the error and your original image was not located on the database. Will keep an eye out in case it happens again but not much we can do. Sorry mate

Guest patnpm

I've tried changing the registry as mentioned in this and other tutorials. However I'm still not allowed to install non certified programs on my C500. Is this because I've upgraded the ROM on it?

Guest patnpm
Yes - you will need to do the unlocking procedure again

Well I've done the unlocking procedure and I've checked the registry items are properly changed, and soft resetted the C500 - but still no joy - it wont let me install TCMP

Guest patnpm
Which ROM have you upgraded to ?

Can you not use the Orange method ?

It's the latest ROM on the orange website.

Don't you have to be a 'developer' to ask orange to unlock the phone for applications?

Guest pd.ryder

Nope, you don't need to be a 'member' to ask for help. Just email [email protected] including your IMEI no (*#06# on phone and up pops IMEI), your name and mobile no. They'll send you a little app to install which lets you choose your level of security. ;)

Guest patnpm
Nope, you don't need to be a 'member' to ask for help. Just email [email protected] including your IMEI no (*#06# on phone and up pops IMEI), your name and mobile no. They'll send you a little app to install which lets you choose your level of security. ;)

Thanks - have done this.

I'm astonished to find that the new MS Pocket Streets' isn't signed and I wont be able to install it until I have installed the decertification app.