Quick launch bar SPV C500

Guest technolamb

Guest technolamb

Hi there, I was just wondering if I could pick up your brains on this one.

How can I change the Settings on my SPV C500, so that I can chose the applications that appear by default on my quick launch bar at the moment (Messages, Contact, Calendar, explorer, and solitaire). ?

You have to edit the XML file for your homescreen.

Depending on the homescreen that you are using, the filename and the exact section of the file that you need to edit will be different. Take a look at it though and search for the applications that are currently in the list.

It should be quite obvious how to change them (remember to make a backup of the file first, in case it all goes wrong).

After making the change, you will need to change to a different homescreen, then back to that one, or restart the phone in order for the changes to take effect.

Guest technolamb
Hi there, I was just wondering if I could pick up your brains on this one.

How can I change the Settings on my SPV C500, so that I can chose the applications that appear by default on my quick launch bar at the moment (Messages, Contact, Calendar, explorer, and solitaire). ?

I am currently using windows default as my home screen where would I find the file that I need to modify, how do I edit it ?

Sorry for the delay, I've been a bit busy.

The Windows default homescreen has a most recently used list, not a fixed list of applications. The list of applications will automatically change to match the ones that you have used most recently.

I'm afraid that I'm not sure how to configure the default applications that will be listed when the phone is restarted. Maybe someone else could help?

Oh, the filename for that homescreen is \Windows\full.home.xml by the way. Copy it to the PC and edit it there, then copy it back to the phone with a different name, then select the new one as your homescreen.