How do I get Speed Cameras in CoPilot anyone?

Guest shadamehr

Guest shadamehr

As per title...

I have CoPilot Live 6, on a Pocket PC.

The ALK support site is not much use to me though, as they merely refer you to a link on the PocketGPS website, that is now CHARGEABLE for the Speed Camera database.

So can anyone who has Speed Cameras working on CoPilot, tell me how thye did it, and how I might do the same.

As a footnote, I HAVE downloaded the last FREE zip file from the ALK site, but this seemed to do nothing. Nothing that is, until I was driving through Scotland over Easter, and found it notified me of ALL Scottish Fixed and Mobile Gatsos.

So doing some checking, I found that it does indeed include SCOTTISH cameras, but could I hell find any in England on the maps in CoPilot.

So please folks... somone must have English Speed Cameras working with CoPilot 6.

If so, how did you do it???

Guest pd.ryder

I might get CP on my Vario II so I'd be interested in how this can be achieved 'cheaply' too. I hoped the T-Mobile 'live traffic info' they offer might have included such data but obviously not....

Guest shadamehr

Ok - let me answer a few...

The only way I could find to resolve this was take the plunge and pay up for a month's subscription to PocketGPW World - as I never realised, it was only

Guest fraser

TT5 has a subscription traffic service, but I've not seen any cool "what are you having for dinner" features. It also does the speed cameras, when I was actually driving (car later died) I had it updating over active sync for free.

Guest ang.broadhurst
As per title...

I have CoPilot Live 6, on a Pocket PC.

The ALK support site is not much use to me though, as they merely refer you to a link on the PocketGPS website, that is now CHARGEABLE for the Speed Camera database.

So can anyone who has Speed Cameras working on CoPilot, tell me how thye did it, and how I might do the same.

As a footnote, I HAVE downloaded the last FREE zip file from the ALK site, but this seemed to do nothing. Nothing that is, until I was driving through Scotland over Easter, and found it notified me of ALL Scottish Fixed and Mobile Gatsos.

So doing some checking, I found that it does indeed include SCOTTISH cameras, but could I hell find any in England on the maps in CoPilot.

So please folks... somone must have English Speed Cameras working with CoPilot 6.

If so, how did you do it???

Hi,get hold of tomtom speed cam poi's,(bitlord).Convert to a excel file with poi converter,import into copilot

Guest chucky.egg
Hi,get hold of tomtom speed cam poi's,(bitlord)...

Or... break into ang.broadhurst's house and steal his PDA which already has the files on it.

Or, alternatively, pay for the POI file from the original source!

• 1 year later...
Guest mcy2163
Hi,get hold of tomtom speed cam poi's,(bitlord).Convert to a excel file with poi converter,import into copilot

not sure if you've resolved this problem yet. Alk do a free download on thier database but i do not think it is comprehensive. Alternately download from pocketworld gps but you have to change the names to speedcamera.ov2 and speedcamera.bmp also save in your save file in copilot