`debranding` a M600

Guest farmgorgon

Guest farmgorgon

I'm a newbie when it comes to pda's. Can anyone tell me how I remove the orange task bar from the side of the screen? I know this would invalidate the warranty. is it something to do with flashing the ROM? How do I do this?

Many thanks.

Guest turbominor
I'm a newbie when it comes to pda's. Can anyone tell me how I remove the orange task bar from the side of the screen? I know this would invalidate the warranty. is it something to do with flashing the ROM? How do I do this?

Many thanks.

you can flash with the imate firmware to remove all branding, but i am sure if you go to settings and select

today , and pick windows default it should remove the orange home screen

Guest farmgorgon
you can flash with the imate firmware to remove all branding, but i am sure if you go to settings and select

today , and pick windows default it should remove the orange home screen

wonderful- thanks for the help

Guest bdmoore

Changing the theme doesn't change the plugins loaded, just colours etc - to get rid of the (rather rubbish!) Orange 'bar' go to Start > Settings > Today > Items tab and un-tick the Orange option in there. Then choose the plugins that are actually useful and you're done ;)

Guest jabbrwcky

Just fyi in case anyone out there is wondering if this is possible, I've recently discovered that there is in fact a simple method to *completely* debrand your M600.

For this you need to download the most recent JAMin firmware from ftp.clubimate.com and the ROMUpdateUtility.exe available from this thread (login required). You extract the JAMin firmware to a directory using WinZip, replace the ROMUpdateUtility.exe file and run it.

That was all I did and 10 mins later had a completely debranded M600 ;)