T-mobile MDA Pro software

Guest cooperdude

Guest cooperdude

Anyone know if T-mobile have released an update for the MDA PRO? the windows mobile site only shows orange, voda and o2.

If they have does anyone know where i can get it from? or when I can get any windows mobile updates?

Cheers

Chris

Guest Markda2000

Try here

http://t-mobile.iris-global.com/

If the site says that this is the original rom, ignore it. It is the latest rom as of 11th March.

It provides a "lock device" on the today screen, New bluetooth stack enabling stereo headset via BT.

and speeds the device up.

In my opinion this rom is also more stable.

Guest Pagemakers
Try here

http://t-mobile.iris-global.com/

If the site says that this is the original rom, ignore it. It is the latest rom as of 11th March.

It provides a "lock device" on the today screen, New bluetooth stack enabling stereo headset via BT.

and speeds the device up.

In my opinion this rom is also more stable.

Just tried it and it is the same rom as what my machine shipped with. Ie not the "push email" update that everyone else has released.

Guest joepubli
Just tried it and it is the same rom as what my machine shipped with. Ie not the "push email" update that everyone else has released.

Looking for the same thing.

Please help a Newbie understand - given that XDA Exec and MDA Pro are the same HTC device can't we just download the ROm from Orange or O2.

I am looking to buy the above but NEED push email. O2 data tariff is too expensive. T-Mobile have a flat fee of

Guest Confucious

Welcome to the forums joepubli (c?)

The various providers customise the ROMS and you can't just install a ROM from another provider. It is possible but not easy.

T do seem a bit slow releasing the ROM update. Do you have an exchange server set up ready to push your email? Are you happy hacking your phone? If you don't really know what you are doing you'd be better off waiting for T to release the MSFP update. If you want to try it I can point you in the directionof where to find details of how to do it but it's not for the faimt hearted and there are the usual provisos of you could turn your phone into a paperweight etc.

It's up to you.

Guest Pagemakers

That said I have successfully installed the imate rom on my MDA Pro. newbie advice....wait for T-Mobile, I'm sure it won't be long.

Guest joepubli
Welcome to the forums joepubli (c?)

The various providers customise the ROMS and you can't just install a ROM from another provider. It is possible but not easy.

T do seem a bit slow releasing the ROM update. Do you have an exchange server set up ready to push your email? Are you happy hacking your phone? If you don't really know what you are doing you'd be better off waiting for T to release the MSFP update. If you want to try it I can point you in the directionof where to find details of how to do it but it's not for the faimt hearted and there are the usual provisos of you could turn your phone into a paperweight etc.

It's up to you.

Many thanks Confucious. Yes the Exchange server is set up. Would be grateful for the info on how to do it. I may not be brave enough to try but then if it does become a paperweight then I could send it back to TMobile within the 7 days grace period! - I am expecting to receive it tomrrow. Seriously, eventually I'll get there with a few trial and errors on the way. Who knows when T-Mobile will get round to it and I need to change my phones now. The alternative is to cancel TMobile and Order O2 despite its extortionate data costs. I was attracted by TMobile's unlimited surfing.

Guest joepubli
That said I have successfully installed the imate rom on my MDA Pro. newbie advice....wait for T-Mobile, I'm sure it won't be long.

Thanks Pagemaker.

How about a step by step - just what I am looking for unless of course its a huge number!

Joe

Guest Confucious

I have not tried this - I decided to wait for the O2 ROM to come out rather than risk it but then I knew the O2 ROM was iminent.

I would ask the question on the other forumwhich is where you find all the serious tech heads and developers (some of whom actually seem to know what they are talking about ;)) way out of my league there....

Guest joepubli
I have not tried this - I decided to wait for the O2 ROM to come out rather than risk it but then I knew the O2 ROM was iminent.

I would ask the question on the other forumwhich is where you find all the serious tech heads and developers (some of whom actually seem to know what they are talking about ;)) way out of my league there....

Thanks. Pagemaker has confirmed it. Exciting weekend awaits!

Joe