HBH-660 Bluetooth Hands-Free Caller ID Issue

Guest b52.NET

Guest b52.NET

Hi, I just bought my first Pocket PC Phone Edition device (Cingular 8125), moving out from a Mpx220. I wanted to know if anyone of you guys has a Sony Ericsson HBH-660 Bluetooth Handsfree and was able to make the Caller ID display the name / number of the person who is calling.

I was able to use the button to pop-up the voice speed dial (a feature not present on the Mpx220) but I still can't see who is calling me on the handsfree display.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Bernardo

Guest Jasonkruys

AFAIK the device (your phone) has to send the information, which is part of the bluetooth 1.2 spec. Not many smartphones presently are able to do this, and as such, only send the number, and not th actual contact.....Is this the issue you are having?

Guest smeg36

What is coming up when a call does come in? The HBH-660 doesn't show contact names, just numbers. The HBH-662 shows names (not sure about with the 8125 specifically though), but not the 660.

Guest b52.NET

Thank you for your answers, here is more information about this issue.

I've been using the HBH-660 with a friend's Motorola v3i and when the phone has a contact name assigned for the incoming caller number, the handsfree shows the contacts name, otherwise it just shows the number.

But with the Cingular 8125 it only shows an incoming call icon on the display.

Maybe there is some registry hack to make it work?

• 7 months later...
Guest b52.NET
Thank you for your answers, here is more information about this issue.

I've been using the HBH-660 with a friend's Motorola v3i and when the phone has a contact name assigned for the incoming caller number, the handsfree shows the contacts name, otherwise it just shows the number.

But with the Cingular 8125 it only shows an incoming call icon on the display.

Maybe there is some registry hack to make it work?

Finally, I got to solve this issue, I found the solution using JETware. You can download it from here http://www.jetwaremobile.com/.