Bluetooth GPS receiver

Guest domtee

Guest domtee

I've recently bought an SPV M600 and considering getting GPS. Can anyone recommend a decent budget receiver, and give me any tips of any I should avoid?

Cheers.

Edited by domtee

Guest fraser

I got mine on eBay (brand new). Just took a peek to see if I could find it, but it seems better ones are much cheaper now, in fact they are WAY cheaper. The more channels the better essentially, this means it works better in cities/valleys and also starts up faster. The start up time is important to look for, it can vary a lot. You want a good "warm boot" time, the "cold boot" isn't as important. Battery life of course, and mine has the added bonus of taking nokia batteries, easy replacements.

But to be honest, given the prices I've just seen, you can't go wrong!

Guest domtee
I got mine on eBay (brand new). Just took a peek to see if I could find it, but it seems better ones are much cheaper now, in fact they are WAY cheaper. The more channels the better essentially, this means it works better in cities/valleys and also starts up faster. The start up time is important to look for, it can vary a lot. You want a good "warm boot" time, the "cold boot" isn't as important. Battery life of course, and mine has the added bonus of taking nokia batteries, easy replacements.

But to be honest, given the prices I've just seen, you can't go wrong!

Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye out on eBay.

Guest CyRUS-

I'd recommend the Holux GpSlim 236

Just make sure it is sirf star III in the least or you will be disappointed! pocketgpsworld.com is excellent for reviews of these devices....

• 1 month later...
Guest XzaniX
Will the Holux GpSlim 236 work with a SPV M500?

Hi... Yes it works. I had both devices last year up to January running with Tomtom...

Guest Palindrome

Bought the Holux yesterday and it's a very nice little bit of kit. I've been whizzing round London using Greater London A-Z maps and tracking my position with the GPS functionallity. Fantastic!

Guest funkychicken9000

I'd go for the BT-77 if I were you. There's loads on ebay and mopst of them come with mains and car chargers and 2 batteries. The battery life is far better than most of them (20 hours +), and it's a hell of a lot faster than most sirf ones apparently.

Guest Confucious
I'd go for the BT-77 if I were you. There's loads on ebay and mopst of them come with mains and car chargers and 2 batteries. The battery life is far better than most of them (20 hours +), and it's a hell of a lot faster than most sirf ones apparently.

Isn't this a bit late when he says

Bought the Holux yesterday
?