M5000 or whatever its called elsewhere

Guest Shaunfarris

Guest Shaunfarris

Hi All,

Im looking at upgrading my M2000 on Orange to the M5000, but cost is quite expensive so I was thinking about switching networks to T-Mobile.

However I've been on Orange for about 10 years now, and they have provided a very good service.

Basically just trying to see what you peeps out there think of the T Mobile service and their version of the M5000, and if anyone has had any experiences of switching from Orange to T-Mobile.......whats the service like, whats the coverage like

Cheers in advance

Shaun

Guest Confucious

Service is better than Orange now -O used to be good but have deteriorated recently.

Coverage - not as good as O but they're working on it. It's certainly a lot better than their coverage checker would make out and is fine for me. I sugest you make good use of the first week to see if you have coverage where you need it.

The MDA Pro is the same machine as the M5000 just different firmware - I have an O2 Exec which I used to have on Orange but I'm now with T.

Guest Shaunfarris

Yea the Unlimited web usage is very appealing, I use my existing M2000 mainly for Email web and as a PDA, secondry is the phone.........but I do use about 200mins amonth, coverage is something I have not had any problems with other than indoors at home with Orange (useless) but evrywhere else its been great.

Guest matt1971
Hi All,

Im looking at upgrading my M2000 on Orange to the M5000, but cost is quite expensive so I was thinking about switching networks to T-Mobile.

However I've been on Orange for about 10 years now, and they have provided a very good service.

Basically just trying to see what you peeps out there think of the T Mobile service and their version of the M5000, and if anyone has had any experiences of switching from Orange to T-Mobile.......whats the service like, whats the coverage like

Cheers in advance

Shaun

Hi,

About 3 weeks ago upgraded from M2000 to M5000. Have also been with Orange for 10 years and managed to upgrade for free (OK had to take a 12month contract but was staying anyway). It might be worth calling customer services and going through to retentions, say that you have seen the phone on tmobile for xx and can they match it. A lot depends on how much you spend per month but they may be able to make it worth your while.

Must admit Orange data charges are virging on criminal compared to Tmobile - but for me Orange beats any other provider for customer services.

For example my M5000 had 2-3 dodgy pixels so I called orange on good friday morning and had a replacement that evening!! Dont think any other operator could have had that level of customer service - was well pleased!

Matt

Guest joepubli
Service is better than Orange now -O used to be good but have deteriorated recently.

Coverage - not as good as O but they're working on it. It's certainly a lot better than their coverage checker would make out and is fine for me. I sugest you make good use of the first week to see if you have coverage where you need it.

The MDA Pro is the same machine as the M5000 just different firmware - I have an O2 Exec which I used to have on Orange but I'm now with T.

Guest No5

After going to "retentions department" I got both an M5000 & M1500 from Orange for free - one year contract renewal - and both came with the 1Gb pcm free for 3 months.

Normal data charges are ridiculous, so at the end of the three months, I'll probably look at getting a wireless account (prices are being slashed at the moment) and forget GPRS/3G completely.

P.s. does anyone know how to block GPRS from kicking in when you're trying to establish a wireless connection?

Guest Confucious
After going to "retentions department" I got both an M5000 & M1500 from Orange for free - one year contract renewal - and both came with the 1Gb pcm free for 3 months.

Normal data charges are ridiculous, so at the end of the three months, I'll probably look at getting a wireless account (prices are being slashed at the moment) and forget GPRS/3G completely.

P.s. does anyone know how to block GPRS from kicking in when you're trying to establish a wireless connection?

I had 1Gb free for the first 3 months and was using 50-70Mb / month - and that was before push email! Wireless connections aren't available everywhere and I sugest you do that now rather than wait 3 months because once you've been using 3G you certyainly won't want to do without it ;)

To disable, the easiest way I found was to delete the connection.

Good luck.

Guest Shuflie

If you're just interested in using your PDA for data, and not as a phone then look into the T-mobile web'n'walk professional service for

Edited by Shuflie