Guest lpthecool

DrLP MacOSX

img-186450-1148418237.gif

Category: QVGA Computer

File Version: 1.2

File License: GNU Public Licence

Description:

MacOS X style homescreen

My own version of Mac OS X skin (based on a skin by juni)

Plugins needed: (please install before)

SmartMonitor http://www.ferrandez.plus.com/SmartMonitor/

RJTime http://smartphone.peakin.com/

Version 1.1: now with text highlighting and battery meter

Version 1.2: additional file for WM2003 phones (thanks to w411y)

View File

Submitted by lpthecool, on May 6 2006, 23:18

Edited by lpthecool

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mundungous

Like the look of the theme but...

On my C550 it doesn't show up properly.

The time in the top right is too big for the box.

The battery indicator text is cut off at the bottom.

And moving up and down doesn't change the pointer in the "Dock"

Any way of fixing this cos It looks great otherwise.

Cheers!

Guest lpthecool

hmm, that sounds like a font size problem, i probably have to insert some more font-size options in the file ... i'm working on it ...

but the other thing (moving up and down does not change black arrows) is rather strange, how could that be? are the dock icons moving?

- LP

Guest de vetnek

Same probs here. situation looks like this

147669573.jpg

if these minor problems could be solved the homescreen would be one of my favourites.. no cirucs. just plain, simple and usefull! (Y)

Edited by de vetnek

Guest mundungous
hmm, that sounds like a font size problem, i probably have to insert some more font-size options in the file ... i'm working on it ...

but the other thing (moving up and down does not change black arrows) is rather strange, how could that be? are the dock icons moving?

- LP

No. I assume there is a different picture for each position of the pointer.

Its as if it doesn't load or change the picture although it does select the right thing. (ie you have to count up and down to know where the pointer is).

Cheers!

Guest lpthecool

Thanks for the screen shot! Now i see the problem. What version of Windows Mobile are you using? Your buttons on the bottom of the screen look very different...

kind regards,

LP

Same probs here. situation looks like this

147669573.jpg

if these minor problems could be solved the homescreen would be one of my favourites.. no cirucs. just plain, simple and usefull! (Y)

Guest lpthecool

ah, i see...

so, i guess, the "bugs" of my theme occur because of differences between WM2003 and WM5.

do you know if the xml code for changing background images is different in WM2003? are there differences with font sizes or font families?

it is hard for me to test this, as i do not own a WM2003 device...

thanks,

LP

Thats WM2003 running on a QVGA device (ie. same resolution as your device)

Guest w411y

Strange there shouldn't be much of a difference. I have a WM2003 device so I'll take a look at it later for you and if I have the same problem Ill make a version that works on WM2003 for you ;)

Guest lpthecool

cool. thank you!

btw: in the meantime i have written an updated version that has highlighted text for active plugins and the battery indicator has changed position. (so that the "dock" has more space)

is there a way to post y new version of my theme in the same entry?

Strange there shouldn't be much of a difference. I have a WM2003 device so I'll take a look at it later for you and if I have the same problem Ill make a version that works on WM2003 for you ;)

Guest w411y

Yes ...

Click downloads. You'll then see 'lpthecools Menu'. Click that and go to 'Your Files.

Next to DrLP MacOSX you'll see a green tick... click that and update the file ;)

I'll make a WM2003 version of the newer one once youve updated it :P

Edited by w411y

Guest lpthecool

The new version is finished and online!

(some minor enhancements, but now it's nearly perfect ;))

It would be great if you could make an WM2003 version out of it and test it on your device.

As far as I have seen, the image paths have changed from WM2003 to WM5, that's probably the reason for the images not changing. I think you have to add a "\Storage\..." to all the image paths.

And then there is the font problem, i don't know, why all text is too big on WM2003 devices...

thanks and kind regards,

LP

Yes ...

Click downloads. You'll then see 'lpthecools Menu'. Click that and go to 'Your Files.

Next to DrLP MacOSX you'll see a green tick... click that and update the file ;)

I'll make a WM2003 version of the newer one once youve updated it :P

Guest de vetnek

If you can;t find someone who is willingly to act as guinea pig for your homescreen on WM2003.

just drop a message.

Guest lpthecool

yes, i would like to know why the fonts are too big on WM2003

(for images working i guess you have to change the image paths, just add "\Storage\...")

thanks!

If you can;t find someone who is willingly to act as guinea pig for your homescreen on WM2003.

just drop a message.

Guest lpthecool

thanks a lot, w411y !!

did you have to change something in order to make the fonts work? what was it?

i will add the file to the download package...

Here you go DrLP.... as promised :) Sorry I took so long been busy this weekend

DrLPMacOSX_2003SE.home.xml

Guest w411y

Well... just changed the image paths and had to make the font size smaller but fits snug now :)

And your more than welcome mate... I know what its like not being able to test on a device you dont have. I often get people comlpaining my skins dont work on their WM5 device.

But yeh.. good looking skin mate, looking forward to future stuff :)

Guest mickolas
DrLP MacOSX

img-186450-1148418237.gif

Category: QVGA Computer

File Version: 1.2

File License: GNU Public Licence

Description:

MacOS X style homescreen

My own version of Mac OS X skin (based on a skin by juni)

Plugins needed: (please install before)

SmartMonitor http://www.ferrandez.plus.com/SmartMonitor/

RJTime http://smartphone.peakin.com/

Version 1.1: now with text highlighting and battery meter

Version 1.2: additional file for WM2003 phones (thanks to w411y)

View File

Submitted by lpthecool, on May 6 2006, 23:18

Guest mickolas

This is a fantastic Home Screen for the Smarthpone.

Thanks for doing the work and sharing it with us.

Could you possibly update it to change tyhe military time format to standard time?

Also, in the icon list on the left side of the screen, I keep thinking it's the 17th at a glance.

Could you change that to reflect something generic?

When I go to the Start menu, I have a gray background and white text, leaving the text unreadable.

I don't want this to sound like complaining because I really love this homescreen.

I just hope that making a modification to it might be simple enough to entertain the notion.

Again, thank you for sharing this with us.

Guest lpthecool
Could you possibly update it to change tyhe military time format to standard time?

i am afraid, i don't quite understand ... what is "military time format" ?

Also, in the icon list on the left side of the screen, I keep thinking it's the 17th at a glance.

Could you change that to reflect something generic?

yes, i know, this is a problem... but i wanted to use original mac os icons... and the ical icon has the 17th!

what could be something generic for this icon? i don't know ...

When I go to the Start menu, I have a gray background and white text, leaving the text unreadable.

the white text is for using the background image (see instructions.txt) if you don't use the start menu background image you should delete the correspondent line of the color scheme in the .home.xml file

- LP

Guest w411y

Military time - 15:45

Normal time - 3:45

Regarding the 17th issue... how about removing the 17 and just having the calendar without a number on it. Or put a grid on it so it loks like a month calendar or something?

Guest stefaneh

If possible could you give more space to the calendar events on the homescreen. As it is now it doesn

Edited by stefaneh

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.