Dopod 818 Pro - Sync with Windows Media Player 10 ?

Guest sifu-Dopod818Pro

Guest sifu-Dopod818Pro

Hi

After trying out a few third party players for MP3, including TCPMP, Pocket Player, MortPlayer, etc, I have found myself going back to the built in media player. Actually this is because I stuffed up my Dopod with too much third party rubbish, forcing a hard reset, and I am now trying to keep the thing "clean".

I actually quite like the built in media player, and the built-in playlist options of all, albums, artists, etc works well IF your MP3 tags are setup correctly. I have a feeling that the sound quality through the built in player is not as good as some of the third party players I tried, but it is good enough for me.

So, now that I am using the built in player, I thought I would upgrade the Media Player on my PC to version 10, which ActiveSync was telling me I must do so I could take advantage of the fancy sync features, including automatic transfer of:

• most played, highly rated songs (MP3 format or WMA)
  • playlists
  • album art
  • movies & clips

But - Windows Media Player 10 doesn't recognise my Dopod 818 Pro as a mobile device. Dang.

Has anyone got theirs detected and uses this system ?

If so, I would love to know how you got it working.

Guest niek_groot

i've got my dopod syncing my 600mb most recently listened to tracks with wmp10 and as4.1 to my storage card - set it up using the wizard within wm10. not sure why you'esre having problems, but you could try deleting any existing wmpinfo.* files and the metadata folder in the root of your storage card. the only problem I sometimes have is that it "loses" the partnership between my device and wm10.

using a dopod 818 pro with aku2 rom btw.

Hi

After trying out a few third party players for MP3, including TCPMP, Pocket Player, MortPlayer, etc, I have found myself going back to the built in media player. Actually this is because I stuffed up my Dopod with too much third party rubbish, forcing a hard reset, and I am now trying to keep the thing "clean".

I actually quite like the built in media player, and the built-in playlist options of all, albums, artists, etc works well IF your MP3 tags are setup correctly. I have a feeling that the sound quality through the built in player is not as good as some of the third party players I tried, but it is good enough for me.

So, now that I am using the built in player, I thought I would upgrade the Media Player on my PC to version 10, which ActiveSync was telling me I must do so I could take advantage of the fancy sync features, including automatic transfer of:

• most played, highly rated songs (MP3 format or WMA)
  • playlists
  • album art
  • movies & clips

But - Windows Media Player 10 doesn't recognise my Dopod 818 Pro as a mobile device. Dang.

Has anyone got theirs detected and uses this system ?

If so, I would love to know how you got it working.