Orange C500 ROM without the Darth Vader voice?

Guest spvdk

Guest spvdk

Hi guys

I haven't really been around here since I sold my C500 some 15 months ago, but now I need your help. My gf still has her SPV C500 and the bug that makes her sound like Darth Vader to the person on the other end of the line, is driving her nuts...

1. I seem to recall something about this bug being specific to a certain Orange ROM, right? So if I wanna get rid of this bug, will I have to downgrade to an older ROM, or is there a newer ROM available with this bug fixed?

2. If I have to downgrade, what functionality will she loose? Wasn't there something about MMS and attaching sound clips, that only got to work in this version? And some BT functionality?

3. Is there a better ROM for the Typhoon than the ones available from Orange with Danish language support? What do you guys use?

Thanks a lot for helping me out. I can't even begin to imagine how much reading I would have to do, to get this knowledge without your help ;)

Guest Crispy

I have no idea whether it will solve your problem, but you could try and install the I-mate SP3 rom. It's on the I-mate ftp. I'm pretty sure the NRE (Nothern Region) has Danish T9 etc... That one can be found here. If anything, it has less bloat than the Orange roms does. I use the I-mate SP5 rom on my c600, and it works great - even the danish language support ;)

Guest sporkguy

Crispy is very correct.. the SP3 ROM should solve your problems, and will also include your language pack.

I use the SP3 ROM on my C500 (backup to my SP5) and it is marginally better than the Orange rom ;)

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spvdk

Update:

I have tried out all the latest Typhoon ROMs and they all have the same problem, including the SP3 ROM. Looks like my last chance is the old 4.1.1.4 ROM, which no doubt has a lot of other problems ;)

• 2 weeks later...