Is it possible to backup the settings?

Guest jpfrost

Guest jpfrost

I think PPCProfiles is a great program. It doesn't have all the features aof Phonealarm or PZP but it has the ones I require.

However, for some reason it keeps disappearing off my today screen and I cannot get it back with the usual Start>Settings>Today method. I am having to re-install each time. The worst part about this is that the settings are lost (even though it asks 'Do you want to keep the setting').

Does anyone know where the settings are kept so I can backup the file up and re-install when it happens again?

PS. I think it is happening when I do a clean up with Memmaid - but not sure which setting in mem maid is doing it

• 2 months later...
Guest Homer-S
I think PPCProfiles is a great program. It doesn't have all the features aof Phonealarm or PZP but it has the ones I require.

However, for some reason it keeps disappearing off my today screen and I cannot get it back with the usual Start>Settings>Today method. I am having to re-install each time. The worst part about this is that the settings are lost (even though it asks 'Do you want to keep the setting').

Does anyone know where the settings are kept so I can backup the file up and re-install when it happens again?

PS. I think it is happening when I do a clean up with Memmaid - but not sure which setting in mem maid is doing it

Did you receive an answer?

Edited by Homer-S

• 2 months later...
Guest Homer-S
Al the settings are kept in the registry.

Sorry I exported the Registry entry to a *.reg file but now after a hardreset I don't know how to import it to the registry.

I am using PHM RegEdit but when trying to resatore I receive an error.

Can anybody help me?

• 5 months later...
Guest deechtewber
Sorry I exported the Registry entry to a *.reg file but now after a hardreset I don't know how to import it to the registry.

I am using PHM RegEdit but when trying to resatore I receive an error.

Can anybody help me?

I'm guessing all you'd have to export from the registry is the key HKLM/Software/PPCprofiles, for backing up your PPCProfiles settings. Importing it back after a hard reset can be done with the same registry-editor you use to export. I use the free Tascal registry editor.