M600, a few problems...

Guest Eriktheviking

Guest Eriktheviking

1. Ive got a buzzing in my earpiece, its as if someone has turned it up beyond its maximum limit and distorts the sound. i spoke to orange today and they said that i should go to the shop and get a replacement today. none in stock unfortunately. has anyone else had this problem?

2. my ringtones and alarm tones keep resetting/changing. anyone know why or how to solve it?

Guest timpharrison
1. Ive got a buzzing in my earpiece, its as if someone has turned it up beyond its maximum limit and distorts the sound. i spoke to orange today and they said that i should go to the shop and get a replacement today. none in stock unfortunately. has anyone else had this problem?

I have the problem with the speaker. This reminds me of the fault in the E200. I am gutted as I think this is a design fault and will not be fixed by a replacement.

Can anyone say that they DON'T have a problem with fuzzy distorted sound from the internal speaker?

Guest Stabilo
I have the problem with the speaker. This reminds me of the fault in the E200. I am gutted as I think this is a design fault and will not be fixed by a replacement.

Can anyone say that they DON'T have a problem with fuzzy distorted sound from the internal speaker?

I and others have EXCELLENT sound quality through the handsfree headset. I was blown away by the stereo sound (although I haven't got a good ear).

I am on my second M600 as the first kept crashing and wouldn't reboot. There are obviously some faulty ones around. I know you don't want to send it back because it could be 2 weeks before you get a replacement but I think you have no option.

Guest Eriktheviking
I and others have EXCELLENT sound quality through the handsfree headset. I was blown away by the stereo sound (although I haven't got a good ear).

I am on my second M600 as the first kept crashing and wouldn't reboot. There are obviously some faulty ones around. I know you don't want to send it back because it could be 2 weeks before you get a replacement but I think you have no option.

sorry, maybe i didnt explain myself as i was typing the post off my m600 and im not used to writing long paragraphs yet.

i reported it to orange and within 5 mins they said take it to the nearest shop to be replaced. i think they know about this problem as usually they give you all the bullshit if you report a unknown fault. anyhoo, that beside im so happy with it, if only a QUERTY keyboard and it would be peerfect bar a few niggles. (did i just contradict myself? i think i did.)

Guest Funster

I had a faulty speaker on my first M600 but Orange replaced it and now the sound from the internal speaker is perfect. If you have Orange Care they'll replace it straight away. Otherwise you'll need to send it to Orange, they test and confirm the fault and then replace the handset.

It will be fixed by a replacement. A bonus is that if you have Orange Care you only need to return the phone, battery & charger and you get a completely new boxed M600. Spare stylus's, USB cable, earphones and the rest.

Edited by Funster