MBoden to NEVER sleep again!!!!

Guest jtsaint

Guest jtsaint

Rather than paying money to get a cert etc, why dont we all pay money into a pot so that MBodden can be suppilied with the best drugs money can buy ensuring that he doesnt need to sleep. This would mean would get twice the productivity and benefit from his excellent work!

:shock:

Guest Shire29

Not sure if I have the spelling correct but a drug called Norexin I believe reduces the need for the body to sleep. In fact recent genuine research suggests that without Norexin we would all be permanently asleep, and the deficiency of Norexin is responsible for the sleep disorder Narcolepsy......Matrix anyone ?

Cheers, Shire

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Slavery all the way, bring back the slave clippers:!:

As for removing chemicals from the bodies system, I think the community in general would be less willing to donate towards a modified dialisys to remove the Norexin from MBoden's bloody stream.

A more practical method would be to post him endless supplies of caffie tablets ;)

Guest Gorskar

Did anyone see that episode of horizon last week where they found the chemical that causes you to wake up. It flows through your breain when you are awake, but production is stopped when you are asleep.

Aparently without this chemical in your brain you would be permanently asleep, and they recon that narcolepsy sufferers don't get enough of this.

The scary thing though, is now that they have identified this chemical it should be possible to synthesise it, allowing people to remain permanently awake without the side effects of other drugs that try and achieve this.

So you could be working 24hours a day 7 days a week, without even sleeping.

Caffeine is always good, at least until you get a nice resistance up to it. The best code I've written has been at 2am after a day of drinking caffeine and muching chocolate. Damned if I can understand half of it though ;)

I would recommend Uberman's sleep schedule if you really want to cut down on sleep (damned if I'm doing it, I've got too busy a life to spend 2 weeks adjusting). See here: http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/4/15/103358/720

Ahhh caffeine....sleepless nights, programming at 3 am, not even realising what im coding.....the good old days, the stuff doesnt even work anymore and Im only 19!

Guest jtsaint

That uberman sleep cycle is crazy stuff. How can you only have three hours a day sleep.

I think that you are all missing the point - no sleep for MBoDen at all!!!!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

atm I'm constantly feeling semi-exhusted if i'm not actively working on something, I usually sleep from 12-7/8am most nights, maybe shifted an hour or two forward at weekends, and I certianly find it difficult to sleep for more than 9 hours straight.

Unfortunately adoping a sleep pattern like Ubermans would be unpractical atm (my boss would probably get annoyed at me sleeping for 60-90 mins a day ;)), but i'll bookmark the page and give it a go when at uni maybe. Could make revision a lot easier to timetable :lol:

Uberman is 30 mins a day, non? And in most jobs you can clear that type of thing - just rearrange your lunch hour or something ;) I enjoy my sleep myself - 5 hours day, yay :lol:

Guest spacemonkey
Yeh it looks crazy, but imagaine it works, power naps are a very useful tool to master!

DJ Hope

I used to power nap on the tube... but now I have Pokemon on my phone... I've lost 1-2hours sleep a day