Getting M5000 tomorrow - Now asking setup questions in here to save a new thread.

Guest Cockeye

Guest peekie

I did not have the choice to rom upgrade my M3000 as it had the latest allready on it ( in dutch :) ), having looked at the m5000 ( which was never released in holland by orange ) at the last modaco meet , it is big , but it comes down to taste if you like the larger ppc screen then its perfect , not really a babe magnet though :)

Guest Confucious

Not thick at all. PPCs have a registry just like Windows PCs , all you need is a registry editor and to be as careful as you would be editing your PCs registry.

I use Resco Registry editor which you have to pay for but there are plenty of free ones. A quick search turned up http://www.phm.lu/products/PocketPC/ - I have no idea if this is the best one or even if it is any good but I asume it works.

Good luck.

PS Your profile still shows your device as a C550 :)

Guest Cockeye

Thanks for all your help!

Will change my profile later (at work at the moment).

God, I hated that smartphone!

Have loads more questions, but will solve this one first before bombarding you all!

Guest Cockeye

I'll tell you something - Bluetooth headset combined with voice command is an awesome combination. It works soooo well.

So thanks for that, Confucious! You're a star.

Next question.

I have a wireless network at home and the M5000 finds it no problem for surfing on the net.

What I want to be able to do though, is to access files and folders from the M5000 to the PC and vice versa over the network.

Can I just share the folders I want to share, or do I have to install an extra piece of software onto the phone? Or can it not be done?

All this advice is appreciated.