'Sniper!' Testing Places Full! Completely Full So Dont Even Ask!

Guest greenturtle

Guest iforevans
Oh damn, oh damn ... ghosting issue is still there in the latest Beta 0.8.48 ; stupid M$ bug! :)

Is there anyway u can send me a screenshot? I can't see it on my WM5/QVGA device anymore.

If u need a screenshot app google Smartss its free!

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

yes but its only in the message box this time and not in the from box which it was before

so here is a suggestion try add another in put box below but hide it make it unselectable se if it clears the problem from the first too boxes

and if it moves to the third box not a problem as its a decoy box any way

also I would still like to see the paried devices and paired devices in renge sepereted too please

post-160210-1148749171_thumb.png post-160210-1148749455_thumb.png

as you can see all 4 devices are green ticked but only one is switched on and in range guess which one?

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest leethacker
Is there anyway u can send me a screenshot? I can't see it on my WM5/QVGA device anymore.

If u need a screenshot app google Smartss its free!

Scanned my phone. Best free screeshot app. *haha Here ya go ... see attachment

@conan_troutman: you're wrong: issue is also there when you type something into the upper textbox. have a look at my "screenshot". ;-)

post-146709-1148749452_thumb.jpg

Edited by leethacker

Guest iforevans
yes but its only in the message box this time and not in the from box which it was before

so here is a suggestion try add another in put box below but hide it make it unselectable se if it clears the problem from the first too boxes

and if it moves to the third box not a problem as its a decoy box any way

also I would still like to see the paried devices and paired devices in renge sepereted too please

post-160210-1148749171_thumb.png post-160210-1148749455_thumb.png

as you can see all 4 devices are green ticked but only one is switched on and in range guess which one?

THAT helps a lot. This is not what I was expecting to see. The textbox is not refreshing and its very obvious when T9 is on (I don't use it so never saw it!)

I'll investigate and get back to you.

RE The paired devices issue, I'll see what I can do ...

...Ifor

Guest iforevans

OK, I think the 'ghost' images problem may have been solved thanks to some very timely screenshots (leethacker and conan_troutman)

The CAB has been sent out to the beta testers.

I have gone to a single line height textbox for message entry. Pressing your 'action' button i.e. joystick click etc in the message window will enter full screen edit mode. Either option seems to be free of the ghost images.

Let me know how it goes with your devices. Again it seems ok on my WM5/QVGA device.

Cheers.

...Ifor

Guest leethacker
OK, I think the 'ghost' images problem may have been solved thanks to some very timely screenshots (leethacker and conan_troutman)

Let me know how it goes with your devices. Again it seems ok on my WM5/QVGA device.

Yes man, this is great. Finally the problem is nearly solved! All I can see now is the artifacts that you can see in my last phone-scan in picture 1 that happen when I write something into the From field. So I say ... nearly solved. With like it is now I can live I guess.

But please remove the text "Click MsgBox ..." from the final version. It looks a bit ugly there. ;-) And everybody who has ever used a Win Mobile Phone also knows what he has to to when he sees the arrow in the text field. ;-)

Guest leethacker

Just noticed another thing: It would be much better if Bluetooth is automaticly switched off when sniper is Quit. :)

Guest iforevans
I would say specified folders for incoming filetypes, and then bluejacking. :-)

Btw, suggestion for later versions:

I wish Sniper would start with a graphical interface just like the Windows Comm Manager where I can directly select the most often used stuff with my joystick. Like: Switch bluetooth on/off, Sending messages/files, Bluejacking Tool ; Now it starts only with a blank white screen. So I guess you have already planned something like that. But better I also mention it so that you can see that ppl want something like that. :-)

Hi,

I just wanted to say that Sniper doesn't start with a blank screen, what you areactually seeing is Snipers inbox. If you have been receieving messages from other devices e.g. WM devies running Sniper or Nkoia using the send note app you will see message ther which can be clicked on ..

See the screen shot attached.

...Ifor

post-170252-1148820668_thumb.jpg

Guest jameshpg

hi all,

I'm a beta tester too but I haven't been able to have much luck with Sniper. I am running my C600 on standard WM5.0 and I have the latest sniper release. I also have an E200 which is my 'client' testing device. This doesn't have Sniper on but I am trying to send messages to it. It is in discoverable mode and so am I but when I click 'Scan and Send' I get the following error message every time:

Error!

Unexpected Exception occured in DiscoveredDevicesForm_Load().Reason:-NullReferenceException

I cannot find any devices. Am I doing something wrong? Please let me know as I really want to get this working so I can help progress the development of the program.

Regards,

jameshpg

Guest conan_troutman

nothing comes into my inbox everything goes to the file I specified havent tried text to text via sniper yet will do shortly and report back

Guest iforevans
hi all,

I'm a beta tester too but I haven't been able to have much luck with Sniper. I am running my C600 on standard WM5.0 and I have the latest sniper release. I also have an E200 which is my 'client' testing device. This doesn't have Sniper on but I am trying to send messages to it. It is in discoverable mode and so am I but when I click 'Scan and Send' I get the following error message every time:

Error!

Unexpected Exception occured in DiscoveredDevicesForm_Load().Reason:-NullReferenceException

I cannot find any devices. Am I doing something wrong? Please let me know as I really want to get this working so I can help progress the development of the program.

Regards,

jameshpg

James,

Can u email me with the email address I should use to send u a new CAB. I have put an extra check in so we should get a more meaningfull error msg.

Cheers.

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

ok .txt file give me he option to save to inbox or my designated file

seeing how the back ground image is my inbox how about making it a folder list containg short cuts to

message inbox

picture inbox

Video inbox

Souns inbox

aswell as options to turn blue tooth on off like in com manager as someone suggested earlier

also how is the piared and in range thing looking?

Guest jameshpg
James,

Can u email me with the email address I should use to send u a new CAB. I have put an extra check in so we should get a more meaningfull error msg.

Cheers.

...Ifor

Hi Ifor,

Please email me at : removed to protect you from spam :)

Many thanks, as soon as I get it I will post the results.

Do I have to be paired with the device I am trying to send the message to? (i.e the SPV E200 in this case)

Regards,

james

Guest iforevans
Hi Ifor,

Please email me at :

Many thanks, as soon as I get it I will post the results.

Do I have to be paired with the device I am trying to send the message to? (i.e the SPV E200 in this case)

Regards,

james

Hi James,

New cab has been sent to your hotmail address.

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
ok .txt file give me he option to save to inbox or my designated file

seeing how the back ground image is my inbox how about making it a folder list containg short cuts to

message inbox

picture inbox

Video inbox

Souns inbox

aswell as options to turn blue tooth on off like in com manager as someone suggested earlier

also how is the piared and in range thing looking?

I'm working on designated folders for diferent file types at the moment. I'll be looking at the piared/in range issue after that.

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest jameshpg
Hi James,

New cab has been sent to your hotmail address.

...Ifor

Hi Ifor,

Just installed the new cab - is it meant to reset your background on the homescreen :) (minor bug I'm sure)

Anyway, I've done a scan whilst my phone is in Discoverable (set by Sniper) and the E200 was in Discoverable but I get this error now:

Error!

Unexpected Exception occured in Scan(). Reason:-

NullReferenceException

Thats it!

Please advise,

james

Guest iforevans
Hi Ifor,

Just installed the new cab - is it meant to reset your background on the homescreen :) (minor bug I'm sure)

Anyway, I've done a scan whilst my phone is in Discoverable (set by Sniper) and the E200 was in Discoverable but I get this error now:

Error!

Unexpected Exception occured in Scan(). Reason:-

NullReferenceException

Thats it!

Please advise,

james

Hi James, I just sent you a new version. Please test and post result.

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

Any one else having trouble with send .cab and .exe files.

i sent both sniper and RegEdit.exe via bluetooth from PC to phone how ever when trying to run them it say something about digital rights

however sent them via active sych or just stick them on memory cards and inseret card they run fine.

not tried over standard bluetooth application to confirm problem with sniper or problem with sending via blue tooth

please can some else try this out to confirm my finding will try vai standard bluetooth application tomorrow unless someone does it first to make sure.

Guest jameshpg

Cheers

...Ifor

hi Ifor,

Same error again I'm afraid.

Just out of interest, once I've scanned and got the error message, I press OK and it takes me to the screen where the devices should be. If I go to "Send Msg" from that screen I get a different bluetooth scanning screen which actually says:

"Scanning for Bluetooth devi..."

The phone then just locks at that screen.

Any advice or do you need pictures?

james

Guest iforevans
hi Ifor,

Same error again I'm afraid.

Just out of interest, once I've scanned and got the error message, I press OK and it takes me to the screen where the devices should be. If I go to "Send Msg" from that screen I get a different bluetooth scanning screen which actually says:

"Scanning for Bluetooth devi..."

The phone then just locks at that screen.

Any advice or do you need pictures?

james

James is it EXACTLY the same error? If so I may have sent you the wrong version (I changed the error handling)

...Ifor

Guest jameshpg
James is it EXACTLY the same error? If so I may have sent you the wrong version (I changed the error handling)

...Ifor

Yes Ifor, exactley the same:

post-60376-1148832560_thumb.jpg

As for that other problem with the different scanning window:

post-60376-1148832568_thumb.jpg ---------------- post-60376-1148832579_thumb.jpg

and then it just hangs on that scanning window

james

Edited by jameshpg

Guest iforevans

Cheers

...Ifor

Hi James,

in that case there is only one thing it can be. I'll try and get u another version later today.

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

i can now confirm sending .cab and .exe files via sniper renders the applications un runable.(ie unable to install)

how ever sending via normal bluetooth option (ie not using sniper)

leaves the files perfectly useable.

Guest iforevans
i can now confirm sending .cab and .exe files via sniper renders the applications un runable.(ie unable to install)

how ever sending via normal bluetooth option (ie not using sniper)

leaves the files perfectly useable.

OK, I'll look into it.

Cheers

...Ifor