Paul's SPV M600 review online

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Thinking about buying a SPV M600 or one of it's variants?

Then it's probably worth having a read of my SPV M600 review, which is now available here!

Some great quotes from the review...

Mid December 2004 was a very significant milestone in the life of Pocket PC, and more specifically Pocket PC Phone Edition. Can you guess why? In December 2004, the iMate JAM was released to an unsuspecting world.

The TI OMAP 200MHz processor has been a cause of much debate. Despite the change from the 416MHz processor in the Magician, the 200MHz processor in the M600 - as a later generation device - doesn't perform at half the speed - in general use, the speed feels pretty much comparable, although power hungry applications, such as VOIP, will suffer in comparison. Of course, there is a trade off, and that is power consumption... the M600 is very frugal compared to it's predecessor.

Upon assembling your device from the compactly packed box, a tap of the power button sparks the device into life. The Orange splash screen is displayed while the device goes through it's boot cycle, which I am afraid to say is not noticeably quicker than previous Pocket PCs. After completing initial setup and a reboot, you are presented with the 'love-it-or-hate-it' Orange custom homescreen, and a very Orange-y theme. I have to confess i'm not a big fan, however at least on the M600 the custom homescreen can be turned off, unlike on some other Orange handsets!

Click here to read the full piece!

Enjoy! ;)

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.