Leaving WiFi on

Guest marcwic

Guest marcwic

I have the MDA Vario.

If i leave on wifi and the phone goes off, when i turn i back on - 50% of the time it asks me do i want to reset. I have accidently pressed yes a few times (it crashes also, so you tap around the screen and then it pops up halfway through a tap!)

Anyone else get this?

Guest adchaffey
I have the MDA Vario.

If i leave on wifi and the phone goes off, when i turn i back on - 50% of the time it asks me do i want to reset. I have accidently pressed yes a few times (it crashes also, so you tap around the screen and then it pops up halfway through a tap!)

Anyone else get this?

Nope never had this. I quite often leave my wifi on, usually by mistake, but never had a problem bringing the device out of standby. What ROM are you using? I've got the original Vario ROM so don't think it's a problem with that one...

Guest marcwic
Nope never had this. I quite often leave my wifi on, usually by mistake, but never had a problem bringing the device out of standby. What ROM are you using? I've got the original Vario ROM so don't think it's a problem with that one...

I have the ROM that came with it.

Guest Tech

interesting - even though you did a hard reset you wouldve assumed that it wouldve sorted it out....

sounds like a hardware problem to me but too early to judge.

What happens if you dont leave on the wifi? just use it normal/leave it on without the wifi - when the phone switches off does it still ask for a hard reset to continue?

Guest marcwic
interesting - even though you did a hard reset you wouldve assumed that it wouldve sorted it out....

sounds like a hardware problem to me but too early to judge.

What happens if you dont leave on the wifi? just use it normal/leave it on without the wifi - when the phone switches off does it still ask for a hard reset to continue?

It seems to be only when wifi is left on. In fact, today I went to turn it back on and got a black screen (all white)

I had to hard reset

Guest adchaffey
It seems to be only when wifi is left on. In fact, today I went to turn it back on and got a black screen (all white)

I had to hard reset

Without sounding patronising....

When the device asks you to reset, i assume that's just a soft reset (couple of minutes, no data lost)??

But you have now HARD reset (losing all data, reverting back to the 'out of the box' state) and the problem still persists?

Guest marcwic
Without sounding patronising....

When the device asks you to reset, i assume that's just a soft reset (couple of minutes, no data lost)??

But you have now HARD reset (losing all data, reverting back to the 'out of the box' state) and the problem still persists?

it asks for a soft reset, its as if i've held down the off button.

Its not SBP Pocket Plus (that has a soft reset button on the today screen) because that has its custom title bar.

I think its where the machine will stop responding for a few seconds while wifi is starting up, and so nothing appears on the display. I keep pressing on and it must think I am holding it down. If I just press on once, and then leave it for 5 seconds I dont get it,

its intermittant, so I'm not going to bother with a hard reset - i hardly ever use wifi anyway. I just know if i do a gard reset, tmobile will relase their ROM 2 weeks down the line and i'll have to do another one!

On the topic of hard resets, how would I go about keeping my text messages? I have about 200 I wouldnt mind holding on to!

Guest adchaffey
its intermittant, so I'm not going to bother with a hard reset - i hardly ever use wifi anyway. I just know if i do a gard reset, tmobile will relase their ROM 2 weeks down the line and i'll have to do another one!

Fair point!

Have a search here, I'm sure I've seen a few threads discussing saving text messages but can't for the life of me think what was recommeded!