i-mate to release HTC Hermes as JasJam

Guest sporkguy

Guest sporkguy

The HTC Hermes Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC phone -- the HTC Wizard's successor -- has already surfaced a few times, and T-Mobile has made their branded MDA Vario II version no secret, but we're happy to see it in a less network-dependant form in this supposed JasJam from i-mate.

HTC1.jpg

[Source]

More Hermes photos available by clicking 'View Topic'

Guest sporkguy
Time to upgrade my JAM !! Sweeeeeeet !! :)

lol I hope you don't have a huge SD Card, cos you're gonna have to get a MicroSD Card to work with this baby.

I say baby, but then you need to compare it to the JAM to see that its actually quite large :S

Here's some more photos for your drooling pleasure :)

CIMG7285.JPG

(Click the image for more from the source)

Guest bennish
lol I hope you don't have a huge SD Card, cos you're gonna have to get a MicroSD Card to work with this baby.

I say baby, but then you need to compare it to the JAM to see that its actually quite large :S

Here's some more photos for your drooling pleasure :)

Oh for god sake... i just bought my minisd card after dumping the sd, and now i'll need a microsd? Not to mention are there any useful sdio devices for micro? (there isn't even an fm radio for mini).

I'd buy the hermes in a snap if it had better designed buttons, and if the keyboard came down in portrait, a-la blue angel (there's room, the palm 700w manages it).

A bit more originality please HTC. It paid off for the Wizard, don't just keep rehashing.

BTW spork, i just love your avatar. It makes me wanna do a jig.

Edited by bennish

Guest Pigo

Bennish. Most people like the sideways keyboard that the Wizard and the Hermes have. yes there is room for portait keyboard but the buttons just get too small!! And you shouldn't compare the hermes/wizard to the blue angel as the blue angel is a lot larger (size does matter when it comes to keyboards).

the I-mate buttons are just plain old ugly compared to the T-mo version!!

I'd rather have the T-mobile version than the imate (this is a first!)

Pigo

Guest FragMeister

I have seen various pictures of this, and the EARLY versions had the same keys as the wizard, whereas newer pictures, ala the t-mobile branded one, have "square" keys like those on the Universal.

Even the pictures of the t-mob one above is an old version, as the latest ones have an extra set of buttons around the d-pad.

Guest bennish
you shouldn't compare the hermes/wizard to the blue angel as the blue angel is a lot larger (size does matter when it comes to keyboards).

As i said, it seems to work fine for the treo 650 and 700W - as far as i know they're good sellers and i'm pretty sure they're the same width as a wizard.

Yeah size matters but what i'm saying is convenience also matters, as does the lag time when i turn my wizard to landscape.

I won't compare it to the blue angel then, i'll compare it to the treo. better?

Guest sporkguy
I am disturbed by the 300MHz processor - am I missing something or is it really clocked that low?

The 300Mhz Samsung processor outperforms the 400Mhz Intel Xscale processor :)

Its like the whole Athlon vs. Intel clock speed debate - numbers mean nothing these days!

Guest peekie

Having seen one of these up close i have to say i was not impressed by the qwerty keyboard , on the older model it was easy to use but now its even more cramped :) the other improvements are nice but not enough to get rid of my spv M3000 :)

Guest bennish

So the cpu is a little like the omap... lower clock but more efficient? Sounds okay, 300 is definitely better than 195.

i was wondering about the kb peekie... interesting that there's so much space on either side of it, too. Or maybe is that required for internal workings?

Guest FragMeister
I am disturbed by the 300MHz processor - am I missing something or is it really clocked that low?

there are conflicting reports as to what processor this has. another page on modaco (try a search) says that it's a 400mhz processor, not 300mhz

Guest Syphon Filter
there are conflicting reports as to what processor this has. another page on modaco (try a search) says that it's a 400mhz processor, not 300mhz

I have read that its actually a 400Mhz CPU too...

Either way...I want one....I want it now!! Does anybody have any idea when this thing is going to come out? Also am I thinking in the right ballpark when I say that it would probably be around

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.