USB charging

Guest rickt

Guest rickt

Just been reading a few posts about charging your phone and making up usb leads .etc. I just thought I share some info on a device I was supprised to see on the market . It's a USB battery box . This clever device is designed to charge any device such as a mobile phone or PDA. It's simply a box in which you fit 4 AA batterys [ there is a AAA battery version] and has a USB female conector at the end . Great if your on the move , just plug your phone in and it'll charge ,that's if your not near a home charger or car .I was actually going to buy one of those solar battery chargers , for when on holiday , camping ,or whatever. You can simply charge your batteries , place them in the USB battery box and leave your phone to charge . Great idea I thought.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MGTF
Just been reading a few posts about charging your phone and making up usb leads .etc. I just thought I share some info on a device I was supprised to see on the market . It's a USB battery box . This clever device is designed to charge any device such as a mobile phone or PDA. It's simply a box in which you fit 4 AA batterys [ there is a AAA battery version] and has a USB female conector at the end . Great if your on the move , just plug your phone in and it'll charge ,that's if your not near a home charger or car .I was actually going to buy one of those solar battery chargers , for when on holiday , camping ,or whatever. You can simply charge your batteries , place them in the USB battery box and leave your phone to charge . Great idea I thought.

Hi

have you tried your AA Charger i have one and it will charge my PDA(IPAQ 5550) GPS unit (BT 338) but not my C500 - it phone display lights up when i connect it but does not start to charge the Phone -(

Guest mackrel
Hi

have you tried your AA Charger i have one and it will charge my PDA(IPAQ 5550) GPS unit (BT 338) but not my C500 - it phone display lights up when i connect it but does not start to charge the Phone -(

yep tried batteries direct, red light comes on but still drains. the battery idicator drops out to 0% about every minute

Guest pavankp
yep tried batteries direct, red light comes on but still drains. the battery idicator drops out to 0% about every minute

There are a lot of old threads on Modaco about this C500 charging issue. Basically the C500 charges only when it thinks that it is connected to a computer. The wall charger it came with makes the phone think this. For your USB battery thing to work, you might have to modify the USB cable... Check this thread to get you started, or simply do a search for C500 charging.