HELP - MMS messaging on Qtek 8500/star trek on O2

Guest machiavell1

Guest machiavell1

Ok. Had this handset for about 4-5 days now. It's a lovely handset, push mail works great, great interface etc.

One thing is that I cannot get MMS on O2 to work. I have searched the threads and various forums for the settings, tried half a dozen solutions and tried using the imate 1.4 cab for O2 contract. Nothing seems to work. Internet works fine, so does push mail, but MMS will not function.

Any advice or alternate files would be greatly appreciated as it is the one thing that is wrong with this phone.

Guest machiavell1

Surely someone can help?

I am now able to send MMS, although with an error message saying unable to send :) but cannot receive at all.

It says that the "message exceeds" my download maximum (although there is nowhere to change the receiving maximum - as opposed to the sending one). If I tell it to download anyway, it just fails.

Not really sure what else to try. It is currently using the iMate 1.4 .cab for O2, and internet, pushmail etc work fine.

• 1 month later...
Guest omhaigh
Surely someone can help?

I am now able to send MMS, although with an error message saying unable to send :) but cannot receive at all.

It says that the "message exceeds" my download maximum (although there is nowhere to change the receiving maximum - as opposed to the sending one). If I tell it to download anyway, it just fails.

Not really sure what else to try. It is currently using the iMate 1.4 .cab for O2, and internet, pushmail etc work fine.

Could it be that O2's MMSc doesn't recognise your phone, and therefore doesn't know it's MMS capabilities and how to deliver the content to your phone?

Have you asked O2?

Guest Looby

A friend of mine has this Qtek phone on Vodafone and cannot get MMS to work either. Have you come up with the answer yet. Many thanks...Looby :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ruffryder_01
A friend of mine has this Qtek phone on Vodafone and cannot get MMS to work either. Have you come up with the answer yet. Many thanks...Looby :)

I have the 8500 on vodafone and cant do ANYTHING!!

SMS

MMS

Internet

Push email

I can only sync with my comp, i'm getting very close to throwing the phone out of the window!

Please help!

Vodafone aren't any help at all.

Guest wwaveydave
I have the 8500 on vodafone and cant do ANYTHING!!

SMS

MMS

Internet

Push email

I can only sync with my comp, i'm getting very close to throwing the phone out of the window!

Please help!

Vodafone aren't any help at all.

I have mine on TMobile, and it all works.

Imate used to provide cabs for the settings of their devices for each provider. I use mine from the SP5m I had to set it up.

Try these:-

O2_Contract_UK_SP_V1.4.CAB

Vodafone_Contract_UK_SP_V1.4.CAB

Guest turbo70120
I have mine on TMobile, and it all works.

Imate used to provide cabs for the settings of their devices for each provider. I use mine from the SP5m I had to set it up.

Try these:-

I tried to install the o2 cab and my phone said it does not have "sufficient system permissions"?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Guest wwaveydave
I tried to install the o2 cab and my phone said it does not have "sufficient system permissions"?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

You'll need to set your registry to allow it to run.

See how HERE