Orange UK Discontinue M5000?

Guest vampires

Guest vampires

Hi all

I just tried to upgrade my m2000 to a m5000 and Orange UK told me I couldn't as they have discontinued it!!!!!!!

Anyone else come across this or are in the know as to why this is

Robbie

:) :)

Guest jm012a9749
Hi all

I just tried to upgrade my m2000 to a m5000 and Orange UK told me I couldn't as they have discontinued it!!!!!!!

Anyone else come across this or are in the know as to why this is

Robbie

;) :)

personally, as i think orange and their animal tariffs suck, you would be better off jumping ship to tmobile with the MDA Pro (M5000) on something like a flext tariff :)

Guest sporkguy

Orange have not discontinued the M5000. I spoke with the Manager of my old store today about this and she said they're having stock problems but Orange assure stores that stock WILL be replenished!

Seems front line staff havn't the foggiest when it comes to SPVs & Stock. I remember back when I worked as a Phone Trainer, my collegues started saying the M500 was discontinued when the M5000 came out! talk about idiocy lol.

Maybe the person you spoke to thought you meant the M500, which would make sense as the M600 has effectively replaced it.

Guest vampires
Orange have not discontinued the M5000. I spoke with the Manager of my old store today about this and she said they're having stock problems but Orange assure stores that stock WILL be replenished!

Seems front line staff havn't the foggiest when it comes to SPVs & Stock. I remember back when I worked as a Phone Trainer, my collegues started saying the M500 was discontinued when the M5000 came out! talk about idiocy lol.

Maybe the person you spoke to thought you meant the M500, which would make sense as the M600 has effectively replaced it.

I have spoken to Orange again and they say that is not available on upgrade, but my local Orange retailer is hopefully getting me one.

To jimbouk, you get what you pay for in this world and tmobiles unlimited data is so restricted it is not worth what they are charging for it plus I cannot get Tmob 3G in the areas where I live and work (South Wales) so I will stick with Orange who give me the service I need.

Robbie

Edited by vampires

Guest matt1971

On orange.co.uk if you go to Upgrade phones the M5000 is not listed, however if you go to pay as you go you can get it for

Guest vampires

Hi Again

Well I have been round several Orange retailers and have been told the same thing, they havent got any and they wont be getting anymore as they are now end of line, when Orange have sold all their current stocks (and it looks like there aren't many left) that will be it. Lets hope they bring the HTC Hermes out soon.

One very pee'd off Orange customer

Robbie

Guest Confucious
To jimbouk, you get what you pay for in this world and tmobiles unlimited data is so restricted it is not worth what they are charging for it plus I cannot get Tmob 3G in the areas where I live and work (South Wales) so I will stick with Orange who give me the service I need.

Robbie

So restricted it is not worth it?

It might not be to you but the 85Mb I used las month (before I had push email) make it very worthwhile for me.

The restrictions are no use as a modem, no streaming and no VOIP - none of which are things I'd want to do. No reception is one excuse but to say it's not worth

Guest vampires
So restricted it is not worth it?

It might not be to you but the 85Mb I used las month (before I had push email) make it very worthwhile for me.

The restrictions are no use as a modem, no streaming and no VOIP - none of which are things I'd want to do. No reception is one excuse but to say it's not worth

Guest Confucious

The hermes is, I believe due on O2 Germany now so should hopefully follow soon in the UK, on T it's due out in Aug.

Streaming uses lots of data and on any network that's going to cost....

Is streaming banned on T-Mob's pro data package? I must sdmit I can't rememberf but asume it must be.

I suppose I would use Orb if it was allowed (I do to use home files at work) but I still find the

Guest Pondrew

What are the O2 data rates/bundles like then? Anyone care to enlighten me as I'm at work at the mo and can't be botherd to trawl through the O2 site! :)

Guest Pondrew

Thanks Confucious

Not bad deals but obviously not on a par with T-Mobile. Still, would be worth it for better phone signal where I live. T-Mobile is better then Orange were but still not great :)

Guest Confucious

I'm suprised T don't have a signal in S. Croydon - I presume you have actually tried and aren't relying on their seriously out of date coverage maps?

O2 have good coverage in cities and mainline rail routes (at least in this part of the country) but as soon as you get away from rhere the 3G coverage as very sketchy.

Good luck.

Guest Pondrew
I'm suprised T don't have a signal in S. Croydon - I presume you have actually tried and aren't relying on their seriously out of date coverage maps?

O2 have good coverage in cities and mainline rail routes (at least in this part of the country) but as soon as you get away from rhere the 3G coverage as very sketchy.

Good luck.

I live in a small town called Selsdon in South Croydon where Orange have almost no signal and T-Mobile are just a little better (1 to 2bars most the time but peeps often complain of the line cutting out). This as the local school's pta got a bee in their bonnet years back and ordered the removal of the mobile phonemast that was on their grounds... :)

The M5000 is now officialy "end of life" as far as retail goes, this means that there won't be any more coming out of Banbury and if a store wants one it's going to be a transfer from another shop (i.e. unlikely). There are a few left, but not many.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CodeDaemon

I went to the two Orange shops in area I live and both guys told me I am able to upgrade me SPV C500 to a M5000, but I couldn't do it there and then since they had none in stock, so I tired the customer support line... and bang! It is turning up on Tuesday!

Edited by CodeDaemon

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jimbouk
any idea how long us orange customers have to wait for the hermes (or m3100?)

There are already two or three threads about this on here (but current O speak is July - and thus probably september!)