SPV M600

Guest shrek16

Guest shrek16

Hi

wondering if anyone has any idea why I cant send or receive Picture Messages from my M600.I tried the O2 settings but still no joy...................the phone is unlocked from Orange and I am wondering if theres some other setting I need to sort out !!!!

Any info welcome.....

:)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mavisdavis

Shrek16

If your still having problems using the o2 818 cab file then chaange th server name to O2UK all in uppercase. works a treat. I installed them and just changed the name to the same as the O2 Exec and it works a treat

Guest EvilDaz

Hi

Once you have set up the GPRS connection in your connection settings, (Start > settings > Connections > Connections > Manage esisting connections) make sure that the one you have set up for MMS is selected before sending recieving MMS ( I have one set for internet and one for MMS, I ahve found that the "Autopick option never correctly chooses which connection to use for MMS or internet so I have to go here each time to check internet or MMS connection depending on what I am doing. Annoying)

Now go into "messaging" choose "menu" at the bottom.

Then "MMS Configuration"

Click on the "servers" tab

Either select the one already in there and edit it or click on "new".

Now input the details as per your provider. I use Vodafone so mine are:

Server Name = Vodafone MMS

Gateway = 212.183.137.12

Port Number = 9201

Server Address = http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

Connect via = (drop down list to choose whatever connection you want that is configured in "connections" as mentioned first)

Sending size limitation = 100k (if you can chioose higher then do so)

WAP Version = 1.2

Now try and send, see what happens. Let me know how you get on, if you need i will elaborate on this and add some screenshots etc, don't have the time at the mo.

Daz

Guest Little Potato Head
Hi

Once you have set up the GPRS connection in your connection settings, (Start > settings > Connections > Connections > Manage esisting connections) make sure that the one you have set up for MMS is selected before sending recieving MMS ( I have one set for internet and one for MMS, I ahve found that the "Autopick option never correctly chooses which connection to use for MMS or internet so I have to go here each time to check internet or MMS connection depending on what I am doing. Annoying)

Now go into "messaging" choose "menu" at the bottom.

Then "MMS Configuration"

Click on the "servers" tab

Either select the one already in there and edit it or click on "new".

Now input the details as per your provider. I use Vodafone so mine are:

Server Name = Vodafone MMS

Gateway = 212.183.137.12

Port Number = 9201

Server Address = http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

Connect via = (drop down list to choose whatever connection you want that is configured in "connections" as mentioned first)

Sending size limitation = 100k (if you can chioose higher then do so)

WAP Version = 1.2

Now try and send, see what happens. Let me know how you get on, if you need i will elaborate on this and add some screenshots etc, don't have the time at the mo.

Daz

Hi,

I have read through your post and struggling a little.

I get two error messages

Error - Not Provisioned Yet

And the usual, cant send/receive message will remain in the message box.

I have installed the latest Imate Vodafone Contract Settings

When trying to get it working i got a sms saying i had a message to download, however the message did not leave outbox and device will not download directly to phone...

Starting to pull my hair out....

Any help would be great..

Guest EvilDaz

Hiya

mmmmmm not sure about that. I am currently downloading the I-Mate ROM to put on my SPV M600, if I am succesfull it should be, to all intents and purposes, and I-Mate like yours. I will then let you know if / how I get MMS to work :)

Daz

Guest Little Potato Head
Is the SIM card set up to recieve MMS and GRPS signal?

Yes it was an existing acount, just new handset.

However I think that something may have happened to the network or my account as when i use my old handset the same error messages have appeared, My old handset was a SP5 which work fine with mms etc.

Got the G in the task bar...

May give Vodafone a call and see if it some they have done...