I was wondering if anyone could help me out

Guest adamt326

Guest adamt326

Hey everyone, I just signed up but I've been using these forums and my MPx200 for about a year now. I live in the states, and was just having a few problems.

I upgraded to WM2003 a little bit after getting my phone and loved it, but shortly after my phone stopped ringing and my signal became non existent and I was comfortable believing that my external speaker died and I knew that the phone was known for poor reception.

A couple of days ago I was reading some great success stories about WM**** and wanted to upgrade, (unfortunately couldn't find the files) but I did find a file called WM**** and since my phone was not working and I had another phone on the way I decided it didn't matter if I messed anything up.

So I loaded the file, put my sim card in, did a master reset, and turned the phone on. Turns out if was WM2003 again but my phone makes the startup sound and I about fall out of my chair, (this phone hasnt made a sound in almost 8 months). So I am really excited, the signal was still weak in my house but it was making sound, it played music, ringtones, speakerphone worked.

Then a few hours later the same thing happened as before, mid ring it just stopped, no sound, no clicking, no tones, can't get a peep out of it. This is a different version/build of WM2003 than before I don't know if I can post that info here or not. But anyway its a lot better, and I get signal and GPRS symbols which I haven't gotten since the original upgrade. I have at least 2 bars at all times now, except inside of buildings and mostly 4 bars everywhere I go.

What I'm asking is, is there a known software issue with WM2003 affecting the outer speaker? I know that it isn't dead because after a master reset the sound works perfectly for a few hours. Not my idea of a fun thing to do 4 times a day, has anyone had this problem or know a way to fix it? Or am I better off going back to 2002? I will probably sell the phone either way but a fully functioning phone would be best either way.

THANK YOU!

Edited by adamt326

Guest Tech

discussion about installing WM5 on devices is not allowed on the forum im afraid

and besides - stick to the software given/provided by the network provided - for obvious reasons such software isnt released publically.

There should be no problems with WM2003 on the device...could genuinely be a hardware fault being created - are you able to replace it under the warrenty?

Guest adamt326
discussion about installing WM5 on devices is not allowed on the forum im afraid

and besides - stick to the software given/provided by the network provided - for obvious reasons such software isnt released publically.

There should be no problems with WM2003 on the device...could genuinely be a hardware fault being created - are you able to replace it under the warrenty?

Sorry I'll edit out the forbidden thing and no its not under warranty. Unfortunately.

Guest adamt326
ah wow.

guess no chance of getting a newer device? ;)

in WM2002 did you have the same issue?

no I didn't have the same issue, unfortunately no .wma ringtone compatibility, but for the 2 months I had 2002 I didn't have that issue.

Guest xxcrashxx

yea, like tech said, its not a good thing to do any upgrades on the phone unless theyre from the provider directly. i tried something simliar on my old mpx200 and it wouldnt turn on when i was done.

Guest awarner (MVP)

From what you are describing the fault could be the speaker connector coming loose as it's not normal for the speaker to work ok then suddenly stop.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Now that's a trick I'd like to see :)

As the phone had been sitting around for a while the occasional knock etc may move the connector partly back in.

As I said from what is being described with intermittant sound as such I would check the connection to the speaker first.