Barrage of HTCs rumored in the pipeline

Guest sporkguy

Guest sporkguy

trinity5ft.png

Engadget have this tidbit of information on some new upcoming HTC handsets - and boy does the Trinity look nice!

HTC, making sure that the enjoyment of our fresh Star Trek is kept to an absolute minimum, looks to be preparing a spectrum of lustworthy new devices. This information is entirely unconfirmed, and we don't know much about what we're about to tell you -- some of these code names are as new to us as they are to you -- but we can tell you it comes from a reliable source.

First up, the Muse has been mercifully renamed the "Melody," and the Triolgy has become "Monet." The Hermes, which is just starting to drop across Europe, has been upped to 400MHz for full-scale production; you might recall we recently reported that O2 was bringing a 400MHz Hermes to the table, and it now appears this will be standard fare for launches going forward. Trinity (pictured) specs are coming into focus, and we should expect this beast to throw down HSDPA, WiFi, and integrated GPS. There have been some rumblings of an "Artemis" recently, and that device still appears to be on the map, bringing integrated GPS and a trackball (wha?) but topping out with EDGE data. The "Herald" sounds positively gorgeous, similar in concept and functionality to the Hermes but measuring just 17mm thick. The Foreseer and Monet will be joined by the "Oxygen" in HTC's mobile TV lineup, though we don't know which standard it'll be packing. Looking to steal some of the Q's thunder, the "Excalibur" will be getting its QWERTY on and running Smartphone. Finally, look for "Vera" as a possible successor to the Star Trek, packing HSDPA and a front-facing camera for video calling.

That's a lot of unconfirmed data to digest, we know, and we're still trying to make sense of it all ourselves. No word on release windows for most of these -- if we could divine you a Vera tomorrow, we would -- but as always, we'll be burning the midnight oil in our quest for deets.

[Source]

(Thanks to Syphon Filter for the tip!)

Guest rikwebb
trinity5ft.png

Engadget have this tidbit of information on some new upcoming HTC handsets - and boy does the Trinity look nice!

[Source]

(Thanks to Syphon Filter for the tip!)

Oooh Oooh Oooh!!! - anyone got a tisue ??

:)

Guest Dr Who

The trinity sounds sweet. Although I would also quite happily take the Melody (aka Muse) if equipped with UMTS, or the Hermes or Herald.

Now, where are those release dates?

Guest jm012a9749
The trinity sounds sweet. Although I would also quite happily take the Melody (aka Muse) if equipped with UMTS, or the Hermes or Herald.

Now, where are those release dates?

Could this be Qtek's version of the Trinity?

20051115-qtek_g200.jpg

Or is it something completely different? I'd love to know what it is! :)

EDIT: Its not a trinity because its hasnt got a forward facing camera :) Still looks damn sexy ;)

Phil

Edited by jm012a9749

Guest Gublerian

Hello

Does anybody know if the Trinity has a qwerty-keyboard like the hermes?

And when do you expect this phone to be released? (if there is no releasedate --> what do you think from your experience? how long does it take htc to finsih it?)

Greez Gublerian

Guest Syphon Filter
Hello

Does anybody know if the Trinity has a qwerty-keyboard like the hermes?

And when do you expect this phone to be released? (if there is no releasedate --> what do you think from your experience? how long does it take htc to finsih it?)

Greez Gublerian

Supposedly its the Herald that will be the replacement for Hermes...so it should have the keyboard.

As for release dates, i think they have only just been announced and that leads me to believe perhaps a year till they are complete and out on the streets?

Guest Chimpanzee

The trinity looks good!

Any ideas how big it will be? I'm looking for a successor to my BlueAngel so i hope it has the same size screen. I found the wizard too small.

Guest sporkguy
for anyone who didn't click the link: The Trinity. so pritty :)

Err.. the image is already at the top of this thread in the first post!

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.