Hard reset on removal of battery

Guest paulh246

Guest paulh246

I just purchased a 2nd hand MDA compact from a work collegue and am having a bit of trouble with it. Quite simply it seems that if I take out the SIM card on the device it performs a full hard reset and I lose all data as a result. Is this normal for the XDA compact or is it a dud? If it is normal, is there any way round it? I was hoping to use the device during the week at work then put the sim in my samsung phone the rest of the time.

Help appreciated!

Guest scoobytwo
I just purchased a 2nd hand MDA compact from a work collegue and am having a bit of trouble with it. Quite simply it seems that if I take out the SIM card on the device it performs a full hard reset and I lose all data as a result. Is this normal for the XDA compact or is it a dud? If it is normal, is there any way round it? I was hoping to use the device during the week at work then put the sim in my samsung phone the rest of the time.

Help appreciated!

no its not normal, well mine doesnt do it.

Is there something wrong with the backup battery? Thats the only reason i can think off why it would hard reset.

Guest Disco Stu

It's not normal but it is a problem reported on this forum.

I think there might actually be a warning in the manual but it seems to occur when the tiny rubber retaining lug is not moved aside before removing the battery.