Creating a rom?

Guest xxcrashxx

Guest xxcrashxx

u know when you are looking online for more roms for the phone, how that theres a 30mb file that is what you flash onto the phone. is there someway that i can take my current phones software and create a 30 mb rom, so that when im done "experimenting" i can restore the phone back to how it was??? if not, thats cool, cuz ive got a spare mpx200(my old dead one got working) that i can "experiment" with.

Edited by xxcrashxx

Guest xxcrashxx

*bump*

I know it can be done, i did some research on that chinese MPX200_backup program. i found out that the creator of it is named marsgod. he is a poster on www.01outlet.com forums. he speaks chinese, do i attempted to send him a message. i used Google Language Tools to convert from english to simplified chinese. asking him what settings should it be set at.

i have also found that inorder to backup the whole rom, it will take upwards of 2 hours. but i dont know what settings it needs to be at. if anyone on here knows, please help me.

Guest Tech

it doesnt take 2 hours - takes what...15 mins? I remember doing this once a while back, you need something like a miniSD (wiped clean) - card reader - psdwrite - HTTY (or whatever its called, its a serial terminal services to connect to your mobile device) and something else...

really cant remember but hope it helps!

Guest awarner (MVP)

Not many people have managed to back up their MPX200 roms as you need specific software, unless someone has now developed another method.

Tech this is about the MPX200 you are refering to HTC devices which are completely different.