c500= smt5600

Guest norcal11

Guest norcal11

ive looked through the threads and can't find the information i am looking for. i broke my lcd screen on my smt5600 and found one for a c500. is the c500 identical to the smt5600? will the lcd screen work? thanks.

Guest kugeln
ive looked through the threads and can't find the information i am looking for. i broke my lcd screen on my smt5600 and found one for a c500. is the c500 identical to the smt5600? will the lcd screen work? thanks.

The screens are identical between the C500 and the SMT, as are most other parts, save for the GSM radio module. Otherwise the parts are all interchangable, screen included.

Guest Tech

SMT6000/C500 are the same product except different brand and for different countries. This is what I have read and believed to be :)

Guest kugeln

The only difference between the C500 and the SMT5600 is in the GSM module--The SMT can operate on 850 Mhz and the C500 can't (it has 900 instead.) It is a hardware difference.

As for the screen connection, I haven't dissassembled my SMT, but I would assume from everything else I've taken apart with a LCD, it is a plug-in connection. Anyone with more experience feel free to correct me.

Guest niacin65

The c500 and smt5600 are IDENTICAL units save for the branding and one part on the motherboard. I have flashed both phones with both USA and Asian/European roms and they both work, but due to the switchplexer, which in European models filters 900 and 1800/1900 MHz (Murata HA 165) and in STM 5600 (Audiovox) filters 850 and 1800/1900 MHz (Murata HA 216AW), you'll have to change switchplexer on the board if you want 900 MHz on Audiovox smt5600 or if you want 850 on Orange c500, and flash it with the appropriate rom.

Edited by niacin65